BevNET Live: Refine and Grow Your Distribution Strategy — While Sampling Your Brand
May 14, 2013 by Jeffrey Klineman
This year, BevNET Live offers unmatched chances to get inside the minds – and the trucks – of the beverage distributor with content and sampling opportunities designed to help entrepreneurs maximize their understanding of what it takes to win from a distribution standpoint.
- Attendees will have the chance to hear – and join in – discussions with four separate classes of the distribution business, from those dealing with national chain accounts to those targeting influencers and sole proprietorships in Manhattan.
- Additionally, the BevNET Live crowd will hear presentations from two key retail platforms, Kroger and Fresh Direct, on the best ways to get into their stores and advice on negotiating the supplier/distributor/retailer relationships that can ultimately determine profitability.
- Beverage companies will have the chance to engage distributors and retailers directly as they enjoy new products at the BevNET Live sampling bar. Key distributors from across the region and the country will be attending.
As a special bonus, the Tuesday evening cocktail event at BevNET Live is being sponsored by NIDA – the Northeast Independent Distributors’ Association. This will give attendees an even better opportunity – to enjoy a “free fill” on the distributors themselves – while further networking with new partners.
Over the course of its two-day program, BevNET Live will feature four different one-on-one distributor interviews, featuring candid but in-depth assessments of four classes of trade. To get a look at natural and specialty, up-and-down-the-street, regional, and national distribution angles, the distributors to be interviewed will include:
- Nat Noone, founder of Green Shoots Distribution Inc. – Nat started Green Shoots in 2010; it is an elite, employee-owned refrigerated DSD distributor focusing on Natural, Specialty, Universities and Prestige Accounts.
- Gerry Martin, VP of Marketing and Immediate Consumption Sales, Polar Beverages Corp. – a 33-year veteran of the beverage business, Gerry joined Polar, the country’s largest independent soft drink bottler and a “Super-Regional” beverage and distribution company, in 1996.
- Pat Bolden, Co-Founder, L.A. Libations – Pat is in charge of national accounts for L.A. Libations, a national beverage innovation company strategically aligned with the Coca-Cola Co. and Anheuser Busch InBev to incubate start-up brands and bring them to scale at retail.
- Lou Ferraro, President, Preferred Beverage Inc. – After a 25-year career in beverage, Lou started Preferred Beverage in 2011; it has grown into a full-service beverage distribution company servicing 4,000-plus accounts in the five boroughs of New York City, as well as Nassau, Suffolk, and Westchester counties.
About BevNET Live
BevNET Live is a two-day forum for beverage entrepreneurs, suppliers, distributors, retailers and investors to gather, speak, exchange ideas through interactive panels and lectures, and enhance their marketing and product development strategies. Attendees can tap the expertise of investment professionals who can help groom them to attract money, business owners with inspiring success stories, and the BevNET.com community, which has spent a decade dedicating itself to careful reporting on the fast-moving beverage industry. More than just a conference, BevNET LIVE includes networking options including the BevNET LIVE Expo, beverage breaks, a cocktail reception and more.