BevNET Live Winter 09 is shaping up to be a great day of learning and networking. Plus, the early registration discount Expires SUNDAY!
Updated: We’ve extended the early registration deadline until Sunday, October 18th.
We’ve updated the agenda, which includes speakers from a variety of today’s leading beverage companies, distributors, retailers, and investors.
|Schedule of Events (as of October 14, 2009):|
(Note that a schedule of times for each session is not yet available)
DECEMBER 7, 2009
6PM – 9PM – Best of ’09 Reception & Dinner –
DECEMBER 8, 2009
• Introduction –BevNET reports on the challenges and opportunities in the year to come for entrepreneurial beverage companies. Speaker: John Craven, President, BevNET.
• Market Overview – Into the New Year – This panel is an invaluable collection of dispatches from the trenches of the beverage business – the marketers, suppliers, investors, distributors and retailers who are best able to report on the way the market is treating entrepreneurial beverages.
• Entrepreneur Panel – Getting Converts – This panel discusses strategies used by beverage marketers to take unfamiliar products – including those with new taste profiles or functional attributes – and turn them into breakout brands with devoted followings.
• Presentation and Panel: Taking on the Big Boys – 5-Hour Energy founder Manoj Bhargava shoots from the hip on how he used a small bottle to get control of a large chunk of energy drink real estate. With a follow-up discussion featuring other marketers who have grown their products even while facing competition from the highest levels of the industry.
• Presentation and Panel – Build a Conscious Brand – and Attract Investors Anyway! – They’ll tell you that to grow as a brand, you have to abandon your principles. But Sambazon is one of many thriving brands that have hewn to its strong orientation toward environmental and social justice – and has used its principles as a means to attract investment, rather than discourage it. This presentation will explore the ways in which Sambazon has been able to grow and expand while selling its conscious philosophy – and not selling it out.
• Distribution Panel: Beverage distributors can be the key to helping a brand grow – if they take it, and if you work with them. But at a time when expectations are changing regarding how distributors, marketers and retailers can support products, it is important they all communicate. Here is a chance to hear from, and speak with, a group of distributors who represent key links in the chain a product follows to market.
• Presentation – Learning to Trust Your Retail Partners – Steaz is an entrepreneurial brand that has relied strongly on its affiliation with Whole Foods to help it make decisions about the direction of its products – a decision that has resulted in many successful outcomes. Founders Eric Schnell and Steve Kessler discuss the finer points of handling the relationship between marketer and retailer. With a follow-up discussion featuring marketers and retailers who have negotiated these sometimes rocky waters in the past.
• Panel – Investment Models – Partnering with a larger beverage company is just one way to build an entrepreneurial brand into a winner in the marketplace. Other investment strategies are on the table in our freewheeling discussion.