Looking to advance your writing career in an entrepreneurial environment and a fun industry? BevNET.com, Inc. (http://www.bevnet.com), the leading beverage and craft beer industry media company, is seeking a full time writer to spearhead the development of our online learning platform for food and beverage entrepreneurs, BevnetFBU.com (BevNET’s Food & Beverage University).
FBU’s purpose is to provide educational and instructional content to entrepreneurs who are starting food and beverage companies (particularly with a focus on natural food and beverage). It helps business owners figure out how to turn their ideas into reality and learn the ropes of the industry. The content is delivered via video and written formats, and we also produce several annual live events around the country.
BevNET.com, Inc. is the leading media company serving both the multi-billion dollar non-alcoholic beverage space and the booming craft beer industry. We produce a variety of products including digital content, video, print, and live events. While we've been in business for 18 years, BevNET is still a young company that works hard and has fun doing it. Our office is casual and laid back and our team is tightly knit and focused on growth.
The company is privately held, growing, and profitable with no outside investors. You can see our work at: http://bevnet.com, http://www.bevnetfbu.com, and http://brewbound.com
Since FBU was launched two years ago, the platform has experienced steady growth of both subscriber and conference attendee numbers. To date, FBU content has been managed by our existing staff on a time-permitting basis. This position will be the first one dedicated solely to FBU.
Our goals for this position are to create daily content updates, to develop a vision of broadening the content to reach new audiences, and to create a public face for FBU (you). To do this, you’ll need to roll up your sleeves and gain an understanding of the issues facing startup food and beverage companies, while also being able to quickly execute existing ideas.
Our ideal candidate will have an entrepreneurial mindset and a passion for natural food & beverage products, love taking on new challenges, and possess extreme attention to detail and top-notch organizational skills.
The position will be located in our Watertown Square office, which is accessible to public transportation (including express bus service from downtown Boston) and has parking available.
- Produce content on a daily basis, working with our editors and our video content manager
- Develop and execute a content plan for the site
- Monitor social media and email newsletter efforts
- Communicate and develop relationships with entrepreneurs in the industry
- Travel to industry tradeshows or to food/beverage companies to perform video interviews, as needed
- Travel to BevNET-run events and eventually participate in the program
- Bachelor's Degree and 0 to 5 years of relevant professional experience
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Strong computer skills, ideally with experience using Wordpress, image editing tools, and an understanding of HTML
- Photography and videography experience a plus
- Superior organizational skills and attention to detail (we use Asana for task management)
- Ability to multi-task and meet deadlines
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Ability to pick up new tasks quickly and work with minimal supervision
- Competitive salary commensurate with experience
- Generous paid time off and company holidays
- Dental, Medical, 401k
- Casual work environment
INTERESTED? Please send an email to John Craven (using the reply to in this listing) with your resume, cover note, and desired salary.
IMPORTANT: WE DO NOT USE RECRUITERS AND ARE NOT LOOKING TO OUTSOURCE THIS POSITION. Third-party inquiries will not receive a response. Thank you.