Director of Sales - Utah Brewers Cooperative (UBC) , Squatters Craft Beers and Wasatch Brewery
Join a fast growing team of craft brewing professionals, known for their multiple award winning beers and pubs throughout Salt Lake City, UT. Live in an area with amazing access to the outdoors and recreation!
Apply online at www.squatters.com or www.wasatchbeers.com - under the employment tab.
General Job Description
Duties and Responsibilities will include:
- Develop and lead the execution of a Strategic Sales Plan for UBC including all direct and indirect messaging, message channels and targets. This plan will have clearly stated goals and strategies that flow to specific objectives and tasks to be executed by specified members of the UBC team and our distribution partners.
- Develop and report progress on Distributor Annual Business Plans that will capture, present and track actions to meet shared goals of UBC and its distributor partners.
- Travel to, and meet with, distributors on a regular basis, as required, to discuss planning and promotional activity.
- Establish strategic plans for building UBC sales in specific targeted states and accounts based on demographic data and social patterns of consumers. Set priorities and support growth.
- Participate in annual budgeting process and develop and manage sales and sales-related marketing budgets.
- Lead and manage all Sales team members and establish strategic plans for each individual that measure progress against very specific and measurable objectives.
- Lead by hands-on example and be able to do and teach the job of every Sales team member as well as planning and execution of events, promotions, and store tastings.
- Continued development and evolution of portfolio structure and content for both in-state and out-of-state distribution
Required Skills include:
- Demonstrated ability to make strategic plans to match specific market areas or target accounts within UBC's annual business plan.
- Demonstrated ability to recognize evolving craft beer behaviors and develop targeted actions that capitalize on those behaviors to benefit UBC, including strategic field marketing and consumer engagement.
- Demonstrated ability to extract, format, analyze data from multiple sources (for example VIP, IRI, and distributor reports) and set action plan to a variety of audiences.
- Demonstrated ability to create and deliver Sales and Sales-related Marketing plans to be executed in the field.
- Demonstrated ability to understand consumer activities and behavior patterns that create pull.
- Demonstrated understanding of effective distributor management to meet consumer actions and ability to create executable business plans. Ability to elicit distributor support where needed.
- Demonstrated ability to plan and execute field marketing programs versus mass communication.
Minimum Qualifications include:
- Eight or more years of craft brewing industry experience desired.
- Demonstrated leadership and ability to work independently as a self -starter, as well as part of a diverse team. Elicit cooperation and coordination among peers.
- Demonstrate exemplary communication skills and foster positive relationships.
- Knowledge of standard administrative practices and procedures.
- Advanced skills in Microsoft Word, Power point and Excel, and sales related software, including VIP.
- Organize own work, work systematically, set priorities, meet deadlines and follow up.
- Communicate effectively with co-workers, management team and Board of Directors, the general public, and representatives of public organizations.
- Acute attention to detail and ability to adapt and thrive in a fast-paced and dynamic work environment.
- Ability and willingness to travel nationwide up to 50% of the time.
- Strong leadership skills.
The following physical demands are representative of those that must be met by an employee in the position described to perform the position's essential functions. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable employees with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Those physical demands include:
- Frequently sit, stand, walk, reach with hands and arms, climb or balance, talk and hear, and stoop, kneel, crouch and crawl.
- Ability to lift and move up to 40 pounds and move kegs which may weigh up to 165 pounds.
- Ability to travel frequently.
Please apply online and attach resume and cover letter.