DuClaw Brewing Company, a rising force in the craft beer industry, is in search of an experienced, full time brewer. Our environment is fast paced and demanding; constantly pushing the limits of our skills, our tools, and our creativity to innovate in every aspect of what we do. Working here is challenging, but fun, too. Also, there’s free beer.
As a DuClaw Brewing Company brewer, you will be responsible for producing all of our different brands, bottling, kegging, recipe creation and some media/festival appearances to promote our brands in conjunction with our existing team of brewers,
- Brewing beer to recipe specifications
- Recipe development
- Quality control
- A thorough knowledge of the brewing, filtration, and packaging processes, and the ability to operate the equipment used in each process at an expert level according to standard operating procedures.
Bachelor’s degree (BA) from four-year college or university and five years of brewing experience or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Computer literacy and experience with Microsoft software programs (word, outlook, excel)
Excellent verbal and written communication skills
Deadline oriented and must be able to multi-task in a fast pace environment
Scheduling flexibility as some off hours, split, evening, overnight, and weekend shifts will be required.
Analytical thinking and the ability to make situational appropriate decisions based on available facts, brewing knowledge, and experience.
Knowledge of the brewing industry.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Ability to frequently sit, stand, walk, stoop, kneel, crouch, crawl and climb.
- Ability to frequently talk, hear, and smell.
- Ability to frequently lift and/or move up to 20 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 lbs.
- Ability to frequently reach with hands and arms. Use hands to finger, handle or feel objects, tools, or controls.
- Vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision and the ability to adjust focus.
EXPERIENCE IN ANY OF THE FOLLOWING IS PREFERABLE, BUT NOT REQUIRED
Braukon Brewing equipment
Kosme/Krones bottling lines
GEA Westfalia Seperators
All candidates must be highly motivated, self-starting, and able to work without supervision. Some weekends, evenings and holidays are required.
So, if you want to be a part of a growing, cutting edge company, and you fit the qualifications/can meet the expectations listed above, apply today to join the DuClaw Brewing Company Corporate Team. Please supply a resume when applying.