Dorchester Brewing Company - Chief Operations Officer
|Job Title:||Chief Operations Officer|
|Company:||Dorchester Brewing Company|
|Contact This Employer|
Position: Chief Operations Officer
Company: Dorchester Brewing Company,
Location: Dorchester, Massachusetts
Start Date: Launch date planned for summer 2015
Dorchester Brewing Company is seeking candidates to fill the position of Head Business Manager at Massachusetts’ first dedicated contract brewery. This person will act as Chief Executive Officer, Chief Operating Officer and Chief Financial Officer for approximately the first year of operations until the business is stabilized and additional management personnel can be hired. Going forward this person will serve as CEO of the company.
Dorchester Brewing Company will be a Boston-based beer production facility (contract brewery) that provides high quality, turnkey beer brewing and packaging (bottling, kegging and canning) for regional craft beer companies.
Led by an award-winning team of beer brewers and entrepreneurs, Dorchester Brewing Company will capitalize on the growing demand for beer production space in the regional craft beer industry by developing an 18,000sf contract brewing facility in the Dorchester neighborhood of Boston. The facility is scheduled to be operational by June 2015.
The Head Business Manager will be in charge of overseeing all aspects of DBC’s finance and operational activities including oversight/management of financial controls and projections, logistics, contract management, inventory, investor relations, staffing/personnel and business strategy. This person will play a key role in hiring other management and non-management personnel to successfully launch and operate the Dorchester Brewing Company.
During the first year of operation, the position will be responsible for performing the following functions:
Financial Management and Accounting:
- Hire accountant and oversee daily, weekly and monthly accounting tasks and activities that maintain an accurate system of accounting records and comply with Generally Accepted Accounting Principles.
- Track A/P and A/R
- Design, employ and maintain an effective accounting system and be an integral figure in the day-to-day proceedings of Dorchester Brewing Co.
- Compliance with State and federal tax regulation and monthly preparation of tax filing.
- Process/oversee monthly payroll
- Oversee and manage cost and revenue projections
- Keep close watch on business cash flow
- Vendor/contract management
- Oversee logistics
- Management of contract brewer relationships and contracts
- Inventory management
- Oversee marketing and branding efforts
- Oversee all brewery personnel
- Develop and adhere to an employee benefits package and handbook.
- Vet and maintain an employee 401k plan and employee insurance plan.
- Vetting and maintenance of all other company insurance, licensing and permitting needs.
- Oversee hiring of all staff
- Work closely with Head Brewer on client TTB label approval.
- Work closely with Head Brewer on inventory management of raw materials, packaging materials, etc.
- Work with head brewer and other personnel to ensure high quality assurance during beer production and packaging
- Work as part of the management team to procure and maintain the relationships of necessary outside contractors.
- Coordinate and lead semi-annual meetings with DBC Board of Directors
Desired Minimum Qualifications
- Education: Bachelor’s degree in Business or relevant experience. MBA or CPA certification is preferred.
- Experience: 3-5 years of experience as CEO of startup company, experience in craft brewery business is preferred
- Entrepreneurial, Project Management and problem solving skills are essential.
- Strong leadership and management skills.
- Team player
- Proficient with Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, Outlook, PowerPoint) and Microsoft Great Plains ?
Compensation and Benefits:
? Dorchester Brewing Company offers competitive wages that will be determined by experience and may include health/vision insurance, monthly merchandise credit, 401k & profit sharing bonus opportunities, and paid time off. Benefit eligibility is dependent on job classification and hours worked.