Beverage Manufacturer - Procurement Manager
|Job Title:||Procurement Manager|
Beverage - Non Alcoholic
|Contact This Employer|
Under the guidance of the SVP of Operations, lead and manage all aspects of ingredient and packaging material procurement. Identify and develop reliable supply sources that fulfil quality standards consistent while ensuring delivery of the lowest Total Delivered Cost. Understand and monitor current and future materials requirements to maintain continuity of supply. Serve as the subject matter expert (SME) on materials used for production of products with particular emphasis on juice concentrates.
1. Identify and develop supply sources as necessary to support the business. Understand and monitor market dynamics (economic, geopolitical, competitive, etc.) to insure procurement of materials at optimal prices. Lead negotiations with suppliers, make recommendations when to make buying commitments and execute purchases.
2. Proactively participate and lead materials supply efforts associated with new product delivery. Identify supply sources, obtain samples and facilitate commercialization as appropriate.
3. In cooperation with Procurement/Supply Chain, identify and qualify suppliers as required to maximize value for the business.
4. Ensure ingredients have the desired freshness. Continuously focus on minimization of “aged” inventory and diligently work to minimize materials obsolescence.
5. Develop and manage juice concentrate supply plans to effectively service plant production requirements. Ensure that the proper format of juice concentrate (bulk vs. non-bulk) is available to each operating facility at the time of need.
6. Establish projections and monitor working capital requirements in relation to investment in ingredients and packaging materials required to support the business.
To succeed in this role, it is expected that you will have:
a) Food and/or beverage procurement experience; ingredients and packaging.
b) Well-developed negotiation skills.
c) Ability to work effectively with sales, marketing, R&D and operations.
d) Commercial and Supply Chain knowledge/experience
e) Passion to drive continuous improvement
f) Well-developed communication skills
g) Ability to manage change
h) Financial acumen
i) Flexibility and open-mindedness
· Musts: Bachelor’s Degree; 10+ years of increasing management responsibility and demonstrated achievement in purchasing/procurement. Experience in ingredient commodity buying.
· Wants: Master’s Degree; experience in an ERP systems environment.
4. Key Performance Indicators
Success in this role will be measured through a balance of qualitative and quantitative performance measures that are aligned to the appropriate balanced scorecard. These will form part of your annual objectives and will include:
· Cost of materials – in context of Total Delivered Cost
· Continuity of supply
· Material quality
· Raw and packaging material inventory turns
· Obsolete materials % of total dollars
5. Key relationships:
· SVP of Operations
· President & CEO
· External Suppliers
· Dir. Logistics & Ops. Planning
· Operations Partner
6. Area of Responsibility:
The Procurement Manager is accountable to ensure continuity of ingredient and packaging material supply at the best value. This business is focused on hot fill and aseptic juice products. Knowledge of production technologies employed is essential to effective and efficient planning management of the material replenishment process across the breadth of the technology employed. Well developed interpersonal skills, applied both internally and externally, are critical for effective management of product supply and availability issues that will occur from time to time. Must coordinate and ensure the highest levels of supplier responsiveness related to new product introductions, product reformulations, and new manufacturing start-ups.