Deschutes BreweryApply for Job
The Purchasing Manager will be responsible for leading the Company’s purchasing function by securing suppliers that meet or exceed service, delivery, and quality standards with the best overall value. S/he will take a proactive approach in reviewing current systems and procedures, making recommendations and implementing changes.
What you’ll be doing:
- Develop strong partnerships with internal customers to understand material and equipment specifications as well as their quality, delivery, and service needs.
- Develop and implement purchasing strategies, policies and procedures to provide a lean and agile supply chain that optimizes operational efficiency, inventory and stock turns.
- Proactively improve the purchasing, receiving, internal control, supplier selection and supplier development processes.
- Manage supplier performance and create action plans to address those that underperform.
- Collaborate with department and business unit managers to establish inventory safety stock levels, reorder amounts and lead times for all materials, POS and supplies.
- Negotiate contracts and purchase orders for price, term of agreement, service requirements, payment terms, guarantees, training needs and other items as appropriate.
- Establish, build and maintain relationships with all key suppliers.
- Review and resolve any discrepancies with supplier in voices, grievances, claims, conflicts, product non-conformance or quality issues.
- Develop and maintain a supplier evaluation process and supply risk assessment.
- Provide material and supplies projections to key suppliers to ensure product availability on a timely basis.
- Evaluate all purchase orders to ensure that order quantities are the most cost effective possible for material and freight costs.
- Arrange supplier meetings with appropriate Deschutes personnel to review and resolve any problems or issues as needed.
- Perform economic analysis including economic order quantity analyses, value of terms, inventory carrying cost analysis
What you need for this Position:
- Bachelor’s degree in Business administration, purchasing, management, accounting or finance with minimum of three years of related procurement experience
- Ability to run computerized inventory system
- Strong knowledge of PC hardware and understanding and use of Windows Operating System and Microsoft Office
- Strong, proven negotiating skills
- Exceptional organization skills
- Experience with ERP/MRP systems
- Experience coordinating, managing and resolving supplier quality concerns in a timely and effective manner with long-term results
- Ability to work with all levels of management, vendors, and customers
- Ability to deal professionally in all situations (vendor, customer, team, department, and company)
- Ability to display excellent business judgment skills
- Ability to work under constraints to produce positive results
- Detail oriented with proven follow-up skills
- Skilled in planning, organizing, and managing multiple projects
- Ability to analyze, conceptualize, interpret, and manipulate data
- Positive and professional attitude with the ability to work in a team environment
- Excellent verbal and written communication (ability to interpret, identify, and restate company needs, present solutions, and provide information)
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment
- Ability to conduct in-depth product research
- Ability to monitor a large number of contracts and agreements
- Must possess strong interpersonal skills requiring the ability to resolve conflicting interests with the goal of obtaining cooperation
- Must be able to read documents and perform detailed work