Bently Heritage, LLCApply for Job
About the Company:
Bently Enterprises is comprised of five family-owned companies with a focus on green initiatives. We are privately held and encompass a wide range of industries, including property and private asset management, agriculture, spirits, and event management.
About Bently Heritage, LLC: Estate Distillery:
Like the original distilleries of the old world we will use only our own grain and botanicals grown right on our ranch in Nevada: Bently Ranch. Bently Ranch sustainably grows and harvests our winter rye, wheat, and barley, which we will malt in-house on our own malting floor (“Farm to Flask”).
Our home is the more than 100-year-old Minden flourmill, which sits proudly on the National Register of Historic Places. Once the largest operating mill in the area, today it will be restored to modern LEED certified standards. Once again it will process grain, this time for the creation of some of the finest spirits such as, whiskey, vodka, gin, and brandy, in the world for Bently Heritage.
Our goal is not only to set a new standard for sustainable production in the state of Nevada, but also in the world. We firmly believe that as stewards of this planet every person has the responsibility to better our environment. Minden and the Carson Valley are an oasis of green wide open space, rich in culture and history. This must be preserved and we will do our part to ensure that it remains intact.
Although we are preserving the old, we have heavily invested in equipment that is state-of-the-art and we give our team the trust and support they need to help us build our brand and continue to grow this family business for generations to come.
Bently Heritage will be emblematic of everything we believe in: a first-class, hand-crafted product that preserves local history and tradition while implementing modern sustainable practices.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities:
- Run the day-to-day production. Keep the production schedule on line with the orders and distribution schedules.
- Maintain all equipment owned and/ or operated by the company.
- Clean and rinse equipment used for the production of spirits.
- Assist in all aspects of production, including milling grain, mashing, fermenting, and distilling spirits, as well as bottling, labeling and packaging spirits.
- Conduct lab analysis; cataloging of samples; track compliance data for all distilled spirits produced on site.
- Filling, weighing, gauging and placement of barrels, as well as labeling barrelheads with serial numbers and other identifying information.
- Order supplies, material, and equipment relevant to operations of production and within budget.
- Take, record, monitor and control all inventory per TTB laws and regulations.
- Provide a production inventory by the 10th of each month to be used for submission of monthly tax reports to the TTB.
Education and/or Experience:
- Required to be at least 21 years of age
- Bachelor's degree, preferably in chemistry or a related field
- 1-3 years professional brewing experience; must include operation of brew house
- Strong mechanical background a plus
- Proven ability to work with little to no supervision and be able to follow directions.
- Valid driver’s license with ability to meet company’s insurance requirements
What you'll love about working here:
- You'll be a key player in one of the first distilleries in the State of Nevada.
- We're a paperless office, so you get your own iPhone and iPad.
- You'll work on a top of the line computer.
- We promote coaching, teaching and learning. You'll expand your knowledge quickly in an open environment.
Bently Enterprises offers a compensation package that includes: medical, dental, vision, life insurance, short and long term disability, 401(k) and competitive salary.
To learn more about the Bently family of companies, please visit the Bently Enterprises website.