Innovative Beverage Company is seeking a high-performing Area Sales Manager based in the central CT and NY Metro area who brings significant ambition, strong leadership qualities, and a desire to join a winning team.
The ideal candidate will visit key accounts in their assigned territory and work with local distributors and distributor sales reps to achieve sales objectives. The position requires a self- motivated, organized and passionate person with beverage sales experience (especially in direct store delivery DSD).
If interested, please attach a resume and cover letter. In your cover letter, please provide a couple paragraphs to explain how your experience is relevant to this role and why you’d like to be part of this company. We want to get a feel for your personality and style, as we look towards bringing on a new team member.
Competitive Salary with performance based incentives.
Benefits: Vehicle Allowance, health insurance
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develop and maintain an organized list of key accounts in the territory
- Sell our brand to retailers in coordination with local distributors and brokers
- Call on key accounts on an ongoing basis to review in-store priorities
- Enhance the business by gaining new points of distribution
- Educate account managers on proper and effective merchandising:
- Proper shelf management positions
- Rack, equipment, and POS placements
- Work with DSD distributor
- Participation in special events, trade shows and other marketing activities on behalf of the brand
- Occasional travel to other sales territories to provide similar support as necessary
- Proven success in sales call strategies
- Strong customer service, interpersonal and communication skills (both written and oral)
- Creative presentation/public speaking and premium selling skills are a must
- Innovative and creativity in approaching accounts and expanding business
- Ability to formulate account strategies and execute against them
- Track record of success in a highly self-directed environment
- Maintain high level of communication across the team
- Achieve monthly key performance indicators (KPI’s) set by Regional Sales Manager
- Professional demeanor in working with coworkers, distributors, retail reps and consumers
- Beverage sales experience
- Must have valid driver's license and own vehicle to travel
- Must have a clean driving record, registration and insurance.
- Must be able to use basic features in MS Office Suite (Outlook, Excel, Word, PowerPoint)