The Chill Group Inc. is seeking a high-performing Area Sales Manager based in the Portland metro area who brings significant ambition, strong leadership qualities, and a desire to join a winning team.
The ideal candidate will visit key accounts in their assigned territory and work with local distributors and distributor sales reps to achieve key performance indicators (KPIs). The position requires a self-motivated, organized and passionate person with some beverage sales experience (especially in direct store delivery DSD).
If interested, please attach a resume and cover letter. In your cover letter, please provide a couple paragraphs to explain how your experience is relevant to this role and why you’d like to be part of this company. We want to get a feel for your personality and style, as we look towards bringing on a new team member.
Competitive base salary including vehicle allowance, performance based sales incentives and up to 10% annual bonus.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develop and maintain an organized list of key accounts in the territory
- Sell our brand to retailers in coordination with local distributors and brokers
- Call on key accounts on an ongoing basis to review in-store priorities
- Enhance the business by gaining new points of distribution
- Educate account managers on proper and effective merchandising:
- Proper shelf management positions
- Rack, equipment, and POS placements
- Participation in special events, trade shows and other marketing activities on behalf of the brand
- Occasional travel to other sales territories to provide similar support as necessary
- Proven success in sales call strategies
- Strong customer service, interpersonal and communication skills (both written and oral)
- Creative presentation/public speaking and premium selling skills are a must
- Innovative and creativity in approaching accounts and expanding business
- Ability to formulate account strategies and execute against them
- Use our sales management technology to maintain a record of your store stops
- Track record of success in a highly self-directed environment
- Maintain high level of communication across the team
- Achieve monthly key performance indicators (KPI’s) set by Regional Sales Manager
- Professional demeanor in working with coworkers, distributors, retail reps and consumers
- Beverage sales experience
- Must have valid driver's license and own vehicle to travel and transport promotional merchandise and minimal product quantities between accounts within assigned territory
- Must have a clean driving record, registration and insurance.
- Must be able to use basic features in MS Office Suite (Outlook, Excel, Word, PowerPoint)
Physical Work Environment:
· Reach with hands and arms
· Regularly Lift and/or move up to 50 pounds
· Occasionally stand and stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl
The Chill Group, Inc. are manufacturers of the brand JUST CHILL® based in Los Angeles, CA. JUST CHILL® is an award-winning functional beverage designed to help you stay cool and calm.
The Chill Group prides itself on providing a great work environment for those seeking to join an ambitious, entrepreneurial team focused on developing a next generation brand. This environment provides the opportunity to develop yourself while making an impact on a growing company.
Competitive base salary including vehicle allowance, performance based sales incentives and up to 10% bonus.