Stones Sales department is seeking a quality sales professional with a proven track record to provide leadership to our Sales Team.
While this position will be based in the Los Angeles area (West side of Los Angeles, South Bay, Long Beach, Downtown, Hollywood and surrounding areas) we would prefer a local candidate that is familiar with the marketplace.
The Area Sales Manager will plan, organize, and control sales functions from conceptual state through distribution cycles to optimize profit and meet marketing, financial, and corporate growth objectives.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Participates in overall area sales strategy and goal planning for Stone and supplier beers: looks at territory with entrepreneurial eyes to seek out new opportunities to increase sales and penetration.
- Assists with the set-up and participation of in-store promotions and special events; maintains self-education on Stone brands and the craft beer industry.
- Plans and participates in regular sales training activities including presenting at sales meetings, riding with sales personnel, and distributing new sales material to sales staff.
- Ensures consistency with all marketing and sales activities throughout region as well as consistency with the rest of the company.
- Provides monthly area sales reporting, and ensures POS exposure in each key account.
- Coaches subordinates on how to prospect new business by determining focus areas within territory, sets up presentations, and utilizes stop-by techniques.
- Advises on hiring, training, developing, and delivering timely annual performance reviews to sales reps in area.
- Rides with each direct report at least once a month: keeps thorough and up-to-date notes on direct reports existing and target accounts, and produces monthly audit reports and discusses monthly score carding with subordinates.