Speakeasy Ales & Lagers, one of California’s fastest growing regional craft breweries, is looking for an experienced Brewer/Cellarman. After tripling sales from 2010 to 2013, we are in the midst of an expansion in San Francisco that will continue our growth and allow us the ability to produce 80,000 barrels by the end of 2015. We are moving into a 24-hour production schedule that will sustain our growth trajectory and allow us to expand upon our gold medal winning beer selection, such as our Prohibition Ale - which medaled in 2013 at GABF. To do so, we are looking to add seasoned industry talent with a passion for craft beer and devotion to making top-line quality brews.
Position Summary: A full time position, Swing Shift - Brewer/Cellarman, responsible for maintaining a 24-hour wort production schedule on a manual three vessel 15 bbl brew house, along with cellar work and filtration on a manual DE filter & plate/frame filter. Upon completion of a restricted orientation and training period, this position will move to swing shift hours, of 10pm – 6am. This position will likely be required to operate the brewery overnight, alone.
Essential Job Requirements:
· Minimum of two years of production brewing.
· Proven understanding of basic brewing science and principles.
· Competent with basic algebra.
· Comfortable working on top of tanks, ladders and at heights, which require use of a safety harness.
· Commitment to safely completing potentially harmful and complex tasks, such as, working with and handling: dangerous chemicals, hot liquids, steam, pressurized gasses and machinery.
· Ability to work and communicate in a complex environment, effective individually and as a team member.
· Available to work weekends as needed, and be open to a variable schedule.
o Physical Requirements:
· Periods of standing, moving 150 lbs, and repeatedly lifting 50 lbs.
· A college degree in a relevant area of study and/or brewing science coursework is preferred.
· Cicerone, BJCP or equivalent training is a plus.
o Health and Dental Insurance
o 401(k) with company match
o Flexible Spending Account
o Paid holidays
o Paid vacation accrual
o Uniform provided with laundry service
Compensation: We offer a highly competitive rate of pay, dependent upon experience.
Qualified applicants should send a cover letter and resume, complete with the last five years of work history and professional references to: firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject “Swing Shift.” Walk-ins and phone calls will not be accepted for this position.
Deadline to apply is: August 15th, 2014