POSITION: Maintenance Technician - 2nd Shift (South Boston)
In 1986, Harpoon co- founders Rich Doyle and Dan Kenary began brewing Harpoon in Boston to share with others the joy of making—and drinking—great beer. In 2000, we added a second brewery in Windsor, VT to keep up with the demand. We are passionate about our company and our beer, and we work each day to create great beer drinking experiences.
We have an opening for a 2nd shift Maintenance Technician in our Boston Brewery. This position is for a motivated technician who has developed an advanced well-rounded set of skills to include industrial programming, electrical, and mechanical maintenance.
- A minimum of a 2-4 year Technical Degree or an Associate degree in an applicable technical field.
- The ability to operate a fork lift. (MA state 1D hoisting license is recommitted)
- Proper uses and understand of PPE, LOTO, and Risk Management.
- Must have a technical/mechanical background with 5+ years of experience sitting up and servicing packaging equipment.
- Must have the ability to perform advanced electrical and mechanical troubleshooting.
- Ability to develop, install, and troubleshoot Siemens PCS 7, AB5, AB500, and AB 5000 programmable logic controllers.
- Knowledge of communications modules and protocols to include Ethernet, Devicenet, and Profibus.
- Experience adding and modifying SCADA and HMI hardware and software to include AB Panelview and WinCC.
- The ability to read and interpret manuals, schematics, and blue prints.
- Technical experience Packaging equipment to include fillers for bottles and cans, Labelers, Case packers, and other packaging equipment included on automated packaging line.
- Proficiency in CMMS, Microsoft Excel and Word.
- The ability to work flexible hours to support, line startup, CIP’s, and changeover.
- The ability to work independently with minimal direct supervision and collaboratively and dynamic environment.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Genuine enthusiasm for craft beer
- Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Perform advanced electrical, programming, and mechanical troubleshooting on all equipment.
- Work with a team to review, prioritized, and scheduled maintenance repairs and log actions and findings in accurate and timely fashion in maintenance program.
- Understand production systems and machinery thoroughly, diagnose source of failures and make emergency repairs to all mechanical, electrical, pneumatic and electronic systems as needed to return systems to service and minimize production downtime.
- Ensure efficient and long lasting operation of the machines and facility.
- Assist plant operations in setting up and making running adjustments to equipment to maintain maximum efficiency.
- Assist production staff in performing their duties through direction, training, and assistance.
- Complete time sensitive project work as assigned by supervisor, this is often outside of your core discipline.
- Take the initiative in developing and improving PM’s, troubleshooting guides, and standard operating procedures to meet or standards and time tables within each function.
- Attend and participate constructively in meetings.
- Safely use a wide variety of power and hand tools.
- Ensure the equipment is setup, maintained, and operated to allow for efficient and safe packaging of quality product.
- Maintain a clean and orderly work area, returning tools, equipment and supplies to the appropriate storage areas after each assignment.
- Ability to develop, install, and troubleshoot ladder logic, communications modules, and control components to include photo eyes, motor starters, Servo drives, encoders, relays, limit switches, proximity sensors, timers, solenoids, and other line control devices. The ability to read and interpret manuals, schematics, and blue prints.
- Select, install, and troubleshoot control components to include photo eyes, motor starters, motion controllers, Servo drives, encoders, relay logic, limit switches, proximity sensors, timers, solenoids, and other line control devices.
- Handle a large work load with multiple preventive and repair tasks/projects.
- On call 24/7 for emergency repairs
This position can be very physical in nature. The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job you will be working over, under, and around potentially dangerous moving machinery in tight and cramped spaces. You will need to be able to work in awkward positions for extended periods of time and/or standing for long periods of time. The ability to lift up to 100 pounds and lift up to 50 pounds to shoulder high. You must be comfortable working at heights while standing on a ladder or in a basket. This work environment involves indoor and outdoor activities in various temperatures and weather conditions. Employees are exposed to high levels of noise requiring the use of hearing protection. Vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, and distance vision.
Please send a resume and detailed cover letter to email@example.com with the position title in the subject line of the email.
Please do not stop by or call.