Mamma Chia, the original chia seed beverage and creator of the category, is looking for dynamic, passionate, creative, and driven souls to join the Mamma Chia Family. Mamma Chia is currently looking to fill two positions: Mid-Atlantic Territory Manager and Midwest Territory Manager. Mamma Chia is experiencing explosive growth, so you will be asked to wear many different hats, take initiative to get things done and exude a “can-do” attitude. If you are looking for an opportunity where you can jump in with both feet and be a part of something special, keep reading.
Positions: Mamma Chia - Mid-Atlantic Territory Manager
Mamma Chia - Mid-West Territory Manager
Location: Baltimore, Wash DC Area / Chicago
We're looking for someone who:
• Exudes passion and lives as if the glass is always full. We are a committed family of passionate and fun-loving individuals that have a clear focus of making Mamma Chia a Beloved Global Brand. We want to make sure those that become a member of the Mamma Chia family have the same passion and drive to achieve our objectives and complement our treasured culture. This includes someone who is passionate about the brand and innately wants to spread the Mamma Chia Magic with their friends, families and strangers, both in-person and via social media.
• Believes there is always a way. Despite adversity, fierce competition, and relentless assaults in the field, you are someone who always believes and stretches to make the impossible, possible.
• Is a Team Player. Mamma Chia has built a culture of collaboration, as we believe no one person has all the answers. We rely on getting input, ideas, and suggestions on how we can improve from all members of the Mamma Chia family.
• Is Outgoing, Aggressive, and a Self Starter. We provide our family members a lot of autonomy to get their job done which means we can only hire people that are self starters, organized, and motivated to succeed in their role without daily supervision. You will have regular interactions with the team and your direct supervisor to help and support your efforts, but the development of the market falls on the shoulders of the Territory Manager.
What you'll do all day:
• Spread the Magic of Mamma Chia. You will be responsible for all store level duties of building Mamma Chia brand sales in an assigned geographical region through your personal efforts combined with the support of brokers, retailers, and distributors.
• Build Relationships with Store Personnel. You will work directly with key store personnel to deliver against the company’s objectives on closing brand voids, securing promotional coolers, improving shelf placement, ensuring price points are displayed, and introducing new products to name a few.
• Ensure Executional Excellence. Conduct merchandising duties at store level which include areas such as stocking and rotating product, placement of POS materials, building displays, introducing new products, etc.
• Be an Avid Brand Ambassador. You will be responsible for searching out and securing new business opportunities in your respective areas to spread the Magic of Mamma Chia in new retail locations as well as engage consumers through periodic in-store demos and events within the assigned market.
• Develop Broker & Distributor Partnerships. Work hand in hand with our Broker’s retail teams and Distributors to forge relationships at store level to support merchandising and selling efforts within assigned geography.
You'll be measured on how well you:
• Drive Sales. Your role will be to drive sales in your assigned territory and it is up to your selling prowess, relationship building abilities, organizational skills and your personal drive and passion to succeed. Oh yeah, we will provide you the necessary tools and support you will need to succeed in the job.
• Execute in the Market. Executional Excellence equals Success in a market. We love to see what is happening in the markets and look forward to seeing the wins and opportunities. You will be responsible for tracking all your daily activities and reporting them on a weekly basis both written and verbal.
• Play with Others. Being engaged as part of the greater team is extremely important in our culture and you will be measured on your contribution beyond the dollars generated as we look for passionate people willing to contribute to the greater good.You will be ask to be an active member in the weekly team meetings and required to provide your insights, feedback, and ideas on how to drive the business through what you learn and see in your market.
And a few reasons why you might hate it:
• You think Yoga is a four-letter word. We believe in walking the talk, but we don’t exactly expect you to know what a Cobra pose is. Mamma Chia is a lifestyle brand that is about providing a truly enjoyable experience while delivering superior nutritional benefits. If your idea of a nutritious meal is McDonalds, we might not be the right fit.
• You not comfortable talking with others. A major part of the job is promoting our brand and engaging consumers and store personnel about the benefits of Chia face to face. Being outgoing, passionate, and espousing the virtues of Mamma Chia is a 24/7 requirement. If you’d prefer to engage with people through email and texting, then a tech job might make you happier
• Metrics make you sweaty. Deliverables are key to our success so we like to measure performance. No kidding. If that kind of environment stresses you out, you might be happier somewhere else.
Oh yeah, the other stuff:
• We prefer you to have that diploma from a four-year college or university.
• You would definitely rank higher on the desirable list of candidates if you have a couple of years experience in the Natural and/or Supermarket business.
• It is important to have good computer skills such as knowing how to use Microsoft Office including Powerpoint, Excel, Word, and Outlook. What we mean to say is that you need to know more than typing a simple letter on Word.
• You must be able to lift up to 40 pounds on a regular basis.
• A valid Driver’s License, Insurance, and a dependable car is required as part of the job.
What will you get from us?
• A competitive base salary
• Equity opportunity in the company
• Medical and Dental Plan
• Opportunity to contribute to a 401K Plan
• Mileage and reimbursable expenses covered
• A great place to work!