Mamma Chia - Northern Califoria Field Marketing Manager
|Job Title:||Northern Califoria Field Marketing Manager|
|Location:||San Francisco, CA|
Beverage - Non Alcoholic
|Contact This Employer|
Mamma Chia, the original chia seed beverage and creator of the category, is looking for a dynamic, passionate, creative, and driven soul to join the Mamma Chia Family as the Northern California Field Marketing Manager. Mamma Chia is experiencing explosive growth, so you will be asked to wear many different hats, take initiative to get things done and exude a “can-do” attitude. If you are looking for an opportunity where you can jump in with both feet and be a part of something special, keep reading!
We're looking for someone who:
- Exudes passion and a positive attitude. We are a committed family of passionate and fun-loving individuals that have a clear focus of making Mamma Chia a Beloved Global Brand. We want to make sure that those who join the Mamma Chia family have the same passion and drive to achieve our objectives and complement our treasured culture. This includes someone who is passionate about the brand and innately wants to spread the Mamma Chia Magic with their friends, families and strangers, both in-person and via social media.
- Believes there is always a way. Despite adversity, fierce competition, and constant challenges, you are someone who always believes goals can be met and you stretch to make the impossible, possible.
- Is a Team Player. Mamma Chia has built a culture of collaboration, as we believe no one person has all the answers and we rely on getting input, ideas, and suggestions on how we can improve from all members of the Mamma Chia family. You’ll be expected to bring your insights, thoughts, and recommendations to the table on a regular basis.
- Has Been there. Done that. We are seeking an individual with experience in managing field marketing programs in the food and beverage space. If you have successfully managed and executed field marketing programs that have effectively grown and helped drive sales, and built a passionate community, you will be called on to do the same for Mamma Chia! Experience with hiring and managing a team of brand ambassadors is a must. If you don’t have this experience please don’t waste our time or yours.
- Is Outgoing, Assertive, and a Self Starter. We provide our family members a lot of autonomy to get their job done which means we can only hire people that are comfortable with getting themselves out of bed in the morning, looking themselves in the mirror, and telling themselves that they are going to make it happen today! Since there will not someone looking over your shoulder every minute, you need to be comfortable in owning your schedule and meeting the expectations of the job day-in and day-out. Of course, you will have support and supervision, but you will be responsible for balancing priorities and meeting objectives.
What you'll do all day:
· Be a Team Player. You will be stuck at the hip with your sales counterpart on a daily basis so understanding how to work together to grow the Northern California market is a key. This includes attending buyer and distributor meetings, presenting overall brand initiatives as well as market specific field marketing plans.
· Be More Than a Leader. You will be responsible for hiring, training, and managing a team of Chia Leaders in the Northern California market so having top-notch leadership and organizational skills is vital. You will be maintaining and executing a market specific calendar that outlines all field marketing initiatives for the month.
· Flex Your Connections. You will be responsible for getting Mamma Chia involved with the coolest events that Northern California has to offer as well as scheduling and coordinating demos at key accounts. Using existing connections and relationships to make this happen will be a huge plus.
· Live and Breathe the Mamma Chia Brand… Constantly. You will be expected to not only foster and nurture existing relationships, but to constantly develop and cultivate new ones by being an ambassador for the brand 24/7.
· Strategize and Execute. You will need to know where and how to identify opportunities and influencers that fit with the Mamma Chia strategy. Furthermore, you will be responsible for developing ideas on how to further utilize these opportunities to grow the Mamma Chia brand in Northern California.
You'll be measured on how well you:
- Manage Your Team. You will be responsible for all field marketing initiatives in the Northern California market including but not limited to demos, events, guerrilla sampling, influencer drops. You will be measured on how well your team executes the duties assigned to them with specific metric goals.
- Play Well with Others. Marketing and Sales go hand in hand! You will be measured on the quality of relationships you build not just with the “cool and hip” marketing contacts, but also with our retailer and distributor partners who play a very integral part in Mamma Chia’s growth.
- Update and Communicate. It is always important to keep the team in the loop about the happenings of the day! We want to hear all about the fun things you did so will be measured on how effectively you can recap the day and/or week’s activities.
And a few reasons why you might not be a fit:
- You think Yoga is 4-letter word, and Surfing is done on a Couch. The ideal candidate lives an active, healthy lifestyle consistent with the Mamma Chia brand and the lifestyle of our core consumers.
- Start-up Lifestyle. Mamma Chia is still very much a start-up company and culture, which requires a great deal of flexibility and adapting to change. If that kind of environment stresses you out, you might be happier somewhere else. Also, if you are also looking for a M-F, 9-5 job, you should be looking elsewhere.
Oh yeah, the other stuff:
- We prefer you to have that diploma from a four-year college or university or more.
- You MUST have at least 3+ years experience in marketing with a food and/or beverage company.
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills are REQUIRED.
- It is important to have good computer skills such as knowing how to use Microsoft Office including Power Point, Excel, Word, and Outlook. Knowledge of Photo Shop and/or Illustrator is a plus but not necessary.
What will you get from us?
- A competitive salary depending on your experience
- Equity in the company
- Medical and Dental Coverage
- Opportunity to contribute to a 401K Plan
- A great place to work!