Wandering Aengus Ciderworks, one of the leading cider companies in the country, is looking for an experienced Packaging Lead. Started in 2004, our mission is to create the most amazing ciders possible, and we need committed, hard-working individuals to help us achieve this goal.
The Packaging Lead would oversee all bottling operations, with daily communication and direction from the Head Cidermaker. In the next year, we plan on producing 80-100,000 cases of bottles in three different formats across two separate brands. We currently run a Cimec 8 head monobolock but will be upgrading to a GAI 3031 FM by October 1rst. We also incorporate pasteurization and a separate labeling station, making for a somewhat complex packaging setup. With those basic parameters in mind, we're looking for someone with substantial packaging experience to bring a proactive approach towards management, analysis, processes, and quality control.
The job duties include (but are not limited to):
• Work with Head Cidermaker to create weekly packaging schedule
• Work on the bottling line itself 3-5 days / week
• Daily oversight of Packaging Technicians
• Proactive improvement of processes to improve quality and safety
• Maintain an impeccably clean packaging environment
• Perform preventative maintenance and repairs on equipment
Requirements for this position include:
• Minimum of 2 years of packaging experience, preferably in carbonated beverages.
• Ability to get to work punctually to meet production schedule demands.
• Effective multi-tasker, problem solver, critical thinker with attention to detail.
• Ability to calmly manage packaging issues, while troubleshooting and finding solutions
• People management skills to maintain a fun, yet focused environment around the bottling line
• Physically capable of moving heavy (70 pound) objects without assistance, occasionally 170 pound kegs.
• Hard work ethic and a positive attitude.
• Good communication skills.
• High-level of mechanical aptitude.
• Basic computer skills (MS Word, MS Excel).
Wandering Aengus Ciderworks is an Equal Opportunity Employer and provides a competitive wage and benefits package. If interested, please email email@example.com with your resume and a brief description of why you think you'd be a good fit at Wandering Aengus Ciderworks.