POSITION: Packaging Line Manager (Full Time – South Boston)
In 1986, Harpoon co- founders Rich Doyle and Dan Kenary began brewing Harpoon in Boston to share with others the joy of making—and drinking—great beer. In 2000, we added a second brewery in Windsor, VT to keep up with the demand. We are passionate about our company and our beer, and we work each day to create great beer drinking experiences.
- Supervises and coordinates activities of workers engaged in packaging.
- Actively supervises packaging operations and inspects containers to verify conformance to specifications.
- Responsible for consistent communications and conducting line meetings with staff.
- Inspects raw materials prior to packaging and communicates and issues to the Purchasing Manager.
- Knowledgeable on company policies and procedures and administers them in a fair and consistent manner.
- Starts, adjusts, and repairs packaging machinery, and notifies maintenance department of and equipment related issues.
- Trains workers in operation of equipment and position responsibilities.
- Performs CIP and SIP’s on all packaging equipment.
- Manage daily, weekly, and monthly sanitation and cleaning log books.
- Take part in daily cleaning of all equipment.
- Maintain the packaging lines in a GMP state at all times.
- Ability to perform QA and QC checks on all packaged product while running the line.
- Ensure business metrics and or goals are met.
- Perform month end raw material inventory counts.
- Maintain accurate production reporting at all times.
- Ability to operate equipment that utilizes PLC software and HMI’s.
- Responsible for reviewing, writing and updating SOP’s.
- Ability to supervise more than one line or process at a time.
- Ensures daily production records are filled out completely and accurately.
- Ability to take on additional responsibilities as needed.
- Provides feedback for reviews.
EXPERIENCE AND QUALIFICATIONS
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the experience and qualifications required:
- Minimum of 4 years packaging or 5 year manufacturing experience.
- Must have experience in manufacturing specific
- BA/BS in management or business preferred but not required.
- Attention to detail is a must.
- GMP manufacturing experience.
- Knowledge of SOP’s
- Minimum of 2 years supervisory experience.
- Genuine enthusiasm for craft beer.
- Previous Supervisory/Leadership experience.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Ability to troubleshoot problems.
- Ability to work independently as well as with the packaging team.
- Ability to identify tasks that need to be completed. Ability to assign and delegate.
- Knowledge of Micro-Soft Office applications.
- Knowledge of ERP inventory management system.
Working on feet all day running manufacturing lines. Wet, cold & noisy area, working with strong chemicals.
PHYSICAL JOB REQUIREMENT
Repetitive handling of 20+ lbs cases.
Please send a resume and detailed cover letter to email@example.com with the position title in the subject line of the email.
Please do not stop by or call.