Ballast Point Brewing & Spirits is now hiring a Process Controls Engineer to support the various production automation systems at all of our brewing locations. We are looking for a talented, hard-working professional who is bright and, among other things, enjoys developing creative solutions to complex problems. This position includes, but is not limited to, the following responsibilities:
- Provides expert technical support in troubleshooting and in developing solutions for problems encountered with all production automation control systems and applications.
- Update HMI systems and modify PLC automation programs to optimize production processes and equipment functions
- Work with brewing and production staff to develop and implement new or improved automation systems for enhanced functionality
- Lead and coordinate implementation of production data acquisition systems and databases for improved manufacturing consistency and quality
- Responsible for originating, engineering, specifying, and procuring material for new control equipment installations and existing control system upgrades and additions.
The qualified candidate has:
- An Engineering degree and 2-4 years of relevant experience.
- PLC/HMI experience (design, programming, and troubleshooting) with emphasis on Idec systems (Allen Bradley or Siemens experience a plus)
- Experience with SCADA systems, data acquisition, and reporting systems is highly desirable (Ignition experience preferred)
- Demonstrated initiative and ability to work independently or as part of a team in a complex yet exciting work environment
If you or some you know is interested in this position, please send a cover letter and resume to Nick@Ballastpoint.com.
Ballast Point Brewing & Spirits is the 29th largest craft brewery in the U.S. Located in San Diego, CA, Ballast Point is one of the fastest growing craft breweries, moving up 17 spots in the nations top 50 over the past year, and one of very few breweries to operate a distillery. Ballast Point has been in business for 18 years, and operates four breweries in San Diego, including a 120,000 square foot facility that started brewing this month in Miramar. In addition to the breweries, Ballast Point has 3 tasting rooms and a restaurant located in the San Diego area (http://www.ballastpoint.com/ ).