First Quality is a privately-held group of manufacturing companies who are leaders in their respective field. The organization is run by hands-on owners with dynamic expansion plans to significantly increase the size of the business over the next few years. We are looking for experienced Product Development Manager for our state-of-the-art, water & beverage facility in Lock Haven, PA.
This position is responsible for managing and coordinating product development projects. Evaluating and resolving technical feasibility, design optimization, and production issues. Research and monitor existing client base, industry developments and identify potential new product opportunities. This position will also be responsible for the development of packaging materials by working with vendors to recommend, review, test and identify costs for various packaging design proposals, and create bill of materials and packaging material specifications for packaging implementation.
Primary responsibilities include:
· Manage the entire product line life cycle from strategic planning to tactical activities.
· Assist with managing the product development process from the concept phase to the post-launch analysis phase.
· Specify market requirements for the current and future products by conducting market research supported by on-going visit sot customers and non-customers.
· Drive a solution set across development teams (Engineering, Sales, and Marketing) through market requirements, product contract and positioning.
· Work with Quality Compliance department regarding compliance issues.
· Ensure the accuracy of product and packaging samples and seek required approvals.
· Set up item number and other development information in item master while updating and maintaining it.
· Manages project budgets and prepares financial analysis reports for top management.
· Research, develop, test, and implement various proposals for packaging design. Collaborate with project initiator on project objectives and expectations.
· Ensure the accuracy of specifications issued, including mechanical drawings and written text. Prepare and provide cost estimates for new packaging materials.
· Identify and initiate packaging studies aimed at decreasing costs, reducing material usage while maintaining product integrity.
The ideal candidate will possess the following skills:
· Bachelor of Science in Packaging Engineering preferred or related Engineering Field with 5 plus years of progressive responsibility in project management, new product development and marketing.
· 5 plus years’ experience in the food/beverage packaging preferred.
· Experience in working with cross-functional teams and creating a collaborative environment.
· Knowledge of manufacturing and assembly processes; includes understanding of how packaging design changes impact processes, lead times, resource requirements, and development costs.
· Proven track record of product development and packaging engineering principles.
· Ability to design and interpret transport simulations
· Technical knowledge of packaging material fundamentals.
· Ability to translate internal and external customer needs into relevant/meaningful packaging solutions.
- Strong computer skills, including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and business management software (SAP preferred).
The company’s philosophy and work environment has been created by an ownership that places a premium on integrity, honesty and teamwork. As important as a candidate’s qualifications, is their ability to work closely with their colleagues and strive in a politics and ego free atmosphere.
Excellent compensation and benefit package!
For immediate and confidential consideration, please visit our website at www.firstquality.com and click on the Careers Tab!