First Quality Enterprises, Inc. - Water & Beverage Division - Production Manager
|Job Title:||Production Manager|
|Company:||First Quality Enterprises, Inc. - Water & Beverage Division|
|Location:||Lock Haven, PA|
Beverage - Non Alcoholic
|Contact This Employer|
First Quality is a privately-held group of manufacturing companies who are leaders in their respective field. The organization is run by hands-on owners with dynamic expansion plans to significantly increase the size of the business over the next few years. We are looking for experienced Production Manager for our state-of-the-art, water & beverage facility in Lock Haven, PA.
This position is responsible for the management of the production department to ensure the efficient production of highest quality product at the lowest cost in meeting customer demands. This position is accountable for planning and executing activities necessary to meet product production volumes.
Primary responsibilities include:
- Manages two subordinate supervisors who supervise a total of 60 plus employees in production. Is responsible for the overall direction, coordination, and evaluation of the department.
- Partner cross functionally with Planning, Quality, Engineering, Product Development and the Warehouse to maximize efficiencies and output of high quality product in a safe manner.
- Ensure that planned efficiency and production numbers are attained or exceeded to ensure customer demand can be fulfilled on time.
- Monitor and track planned/unplanned downtime and partner with Quality and Maintenance to minimize occurrences to maximize productivity.
- Support and comply with all quality management systems, continuous improvement programs, food safety, employee safety, preventative maintenance programs and legality.
- Facilitate the use of continuous improvement methodologies and projects to improve and streamline production processes.
- Ensure facility complies with all local, state and federal regulatory requirements involving food safety and environmental concerns.
- Participate in audit activities and ongoing efforts to ensure compliance to internal and external standards, including ISO/SQF.
- Participate in projects including workforce planning, budgeting, new product launches, equipment installs or upgrades.
- Develop and conduct effective employee training programs. Promote high performance work practice teams and continuous learning of staff resulting in a flexible and agile workforce.
The ideal candidate will possess the following skills:
- Bachelor’s degree in industrial engineering, business manufacturing or related field.
- 7 – 10 years of production experience within food/beverage manufacturing with 5 or more years’ experience in a team leadership capacity.
- Prior experience in consumer products industry or food and beverage with familiarity with quality and hygiene regulation desired.
- Solid understanding or production processes, preventative maintenance, and budget management.
- Strong computer skills, including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, business management software (SAP preferred) and production monitoring systems.
- Excellent relationship building skills with the ability to partner internally and externally to achieve results.
- Familiarity and experience with SQF and ISO principles.
The company’s philosophy and work environment has been created by an ownership that places a premium on integrity, honesty and teamwork. As important as a candidate’s qualifications, is their ability to work closely with their colleagues and strive in a politics and ego free atmosphere.
Excellent compensation and benefit package!