Northwest Canning (NWC), a mobile canning company based in Portland, is accepting applications for a full-time Production Manager. We currently serve over 20 breweries/cideries in Oregon, Washington and Idaho, with many more signed up to start in the coming months. As Production Manager, our expectation is that you will run the canning line and supervise additional packaging line workers. Experience running a canning/bottling line and/or extensive mechanical experience required.
We are looking for someone who is motivated and wants to become a long term member of our team. This is a salaried position, with pay starting at $40k/yr with higher wages depending on experience. The position is open immediately and includes a relocation bonus when applicable.
The ideal candidate will be detail oriented and will focus on quality, efficiency and safety. As our company grows and expands you will be given higher amounts of responsibility, autonomy and pay.
- High School Diploma or GED
- Experience in a beverage/beverage packaging industry or experience working with machinery
- Ability to work in a dynamic setting with a team
- Able to give/take direction and constructive criticism
- Comfortable spending as much as 5 days on the road/away from home
- Experience driving a truck and trailer
- Comfortable standing for up to 12hrs/day
- Able to lift heavy materials (100+ lbs)
- Good general dexterity. Able to climb, duck, bend, push, pull and reach etc
- Comfortable driving/being in a car for as much as 400 miles in 1 day
- Lead the set up/CIP and SIP/QC/production/clean up breakdown process
- Participate in packaging and supervise packaging line staff
- Quality control over all aspects of the packaging process
- Troubleshoot and repair equipment malfunctions and identify potential future equipment issues
- Work with NWC staff/owners and brewery staff/owners to improve packaging quality and efficiency
- Maintain a safe work environment
Please email your application and cover letter to Justin Brandt, firstname.lastname@example.org.
NWC is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, disability or veteran status.