Unix Packaging Inc is home to one of the most advanced contract beverage manufacturing plants in Souther California. Our state-of-the-art facility is home to 7 high speed production lines using the latest technology.
We are a family owned business and we are growing. We are looking for experienced, positive, hard-working individuals who are looking to join our rapidly growing team. We are looking to hire a well-rounded and experienced QC Technician.
Position: QC Technician
Purpose: Our QC Technician tasks include conducting laboratory analysis on incoming raw materials and manufactured product. The position is responsible for sensory and physical testing (INCLUDING TASTING) of incoming and finished products, correctly identifying issues, and notifying the QC manager.
Qualifications: Must be 18 years of age or older, 3 years of related Quality Control experience in a manufacturing environment, Lift up to 25 lbs. repeatedly, Push and pull up to 50 lbs. repeatedly, Pass a drug test, criminal background, verifiable employment verification, social security, and motor vehicle record check.
Degrees: High school diploma or general equivalency diploma (GED),
1. Perform analysis of finished products, in-process and raw materials to check characteristics against testing specifications to assure quality prior to shipment.
2. Calibrate and operate QC testing instrumentation in a safe and professional manner.
3. Notify QA Manager of unusual product observations, or analytical results, during analysis to assure potential quality issues are identified, reviewed and resolved prior to release of product.
4. Maintain sample retention inventory.
5. Ensure all appropriate paperwork (COA’s) accompanies shipments of raw materials.
6. Maintain an orderly, safe work area.
7. Maintain retrievable and traceable system of quality documentation.
8. Comply with MSDS, SOP’s, GMP’s and HACCP procedures.
9. Participate in conducting monthly regulatory inspections.
10. Attention to detail
11. Knowledge of basic general science skills
12. Write and communicate areas of interest
13. Ability to multitask efficiently
14. Good computer and math skills
15. Documentation of laboratory work using laboratory worksheets/notebooks; documentation must be detailed, accurate and meet cGMP requirements
16. Filing, data entry, and ordering (entering lab results in Excel, organization and filing of MSDS and CoAs, ordering of lab materials as needed)
17. Performing routine laboratory maintenance tasks including organization and cleaning of work areas, disposal of product samples, chemicals and hazardous waste
18. Performing peer review of notebooks and worksheets
1. Employee must follow GMP’s. Employee must follow all personal and food safety regulations at all times.
1. Employees must follow allergen Management and work place safety.