Firestone Walker Brewing Company began as a small brewery with roots in the wine country on California’s Central Coast and brewed its first beer in 1996. We are continuously growing and are now a regional craft brewery renowned for crafting iconic pale ales and pioneering barrel-aged beers on California’s Central Coast with a singular purpose—to craft the world’s best beers.
As a sales manager, your role is ultimately charged with increasing the sales of the best tasting ales on the planet. This includes direct account responsibility for key on and off-premise accounts, securing new distribution in existing and new accounts, and working closely with the distributor network in the assigned territory to maintain/develop all accounts.
Essential Job Duties and Responsibilities:
Specifically, the responsibilities of the position include, but are not limited to, the following activities:
· Aggressively pursue new on & off-premise distribution
· Call on existing key accounts to secure new distribution, making timely presentations and introducing new and “limited release” beers
· Execute weekly on and off -premise promotions and periodic special events that generate brand awareness and consumer sampling, as well as new distribution at target accounts
· Develop and maintain strong, positive relationships with account staff and distributor sales personnel
· Travel to company sales meetings; participate in market blitzes in other territories, and otherwise work with other members of the FW team to execute/achieve the sales plan
· Complete necessary administrative reporting and communications on a timely basis
· Maintain all sales goals and personal budgets outlined to you and your territory
· Other duties as periodically assigned by your manager
· Bachelor’s degree preferred and prior experience in a beer/wine sales position
· Strong oral communication skills: ability to talk to others to convey information effectively; strong written communication skills
· Strong persuasion skills: Ability to influence others decision making or persuading others to change their minds or behavior through superior skill and knowledge of all our beers and the craft beer community
· Active Listening - This is the key to all sales presentation, understanding your retailer can only be achieved by listening to their needs and filling those needs
· Excellent time management skills; ability to be proactive and take initiative
· Excellent organization and coordination skills- detail oriented & able to manage priorities and routine functions effectively and efficiently
· Social Perceptiveness - Being aware of others' reactions and understanding why they react as they do
· Negotiation - Bringing others together and trying to reconcile differences
· Proficiency with personal computers / laptops and associated programs (Windows, Microsoft office suite of programs)
· Decision making skills -collect, assess and interpret relevant information and make sound judgment
· Valid Driver License with a good driving record, a reliable, registered and insured vehicle, and ability to drive to and from accounts continuously
· Cicerone, or other Beer certification strongly preferred
· Must be available to work nights and weekends and work more than 40 hours per week; and lift and or move up to 50 pounds
· MUST CURRENTLY RESIDE IN THE DESIGNATED TERRITORY (KERN COUNTY, CA)
· MUST HAVE RELEVANT BEER/WINE/SPIRITS EXPERIENCE IN CA PREFERABLY IN THE BEER DISTRIBUTOR NETWORK
What Firestone Walker Offers:
· Competitive rate for an experienced individual with the right skills.
· We offer an excellent benefits package including health, dental, vision, life & LTD insurance, PTO, 401(k), profit sharing and paid holidays.
Please submit your cover letter and resume with your work experience when applying. here:
Firestone Walker is an Equal Opportunity Employer.