Speakeasy Ales & Lagers, a 17-year-old craft brewery located in San Francisco, California, is seeking a dynamic experienced Regional Sales Manager for the San Francisco and Northern California market. We are looking for seasoned industry talent with a passion for results, to help raise the bar and lead our existing local team in driving profitable top-line sales and providing exceptional service in the field.
Position Summary: Responsible for the development of new draft business, key account and distributor maintenance, as well as building our presence with national chains and retailers. This position will have two localized direct reports.
o Distributor, Account and Chain Management:
· Schedule distributor, account and chain visits.
· Develop and maintain positive relationships.
· Plan, develop and conduct promotions, events and quarterly incentives.
· Ensure growth of brand presence within existing accounts.
· Manage inventory levels.
o Profitable Growth:
· Meet regional and individual sales objectives as they relate to overall brewery goals.
· Maintain monthly budget.
· Work with Distributors to manage inventory and participate in product and merchandise selection to forecast inventory needs and meet sales goals.
· Analyze trends for distributor accounts, events, product and merchandise sales.
o Management of Direct Reports:
· Partner with team to plan out weekly/monthly account visits and promotional events.
· Coach and develop team to ensure sales goals are met and important relationships are maintained.
Essential Job Requirements:
· Bachelor’s degree/Associate’s degree (preferred)
· Cicerone or equivalent training is a plus
· 2 years minimum beverage (beer) industry experience with extensive knowledge of the San Francisco footprint.
· Proven ability to meet and exceed sales goals.
· Fluency in the Apple OS universe and Microsoft Office.
· Proven experience in strategic planning, verbal communication, account focus, management proficiency, managing profitability and quality.
· Must be able to work some weekends, evenings and events.
· Excellent interpersonal and proven leadership skills.
· Knowledge of and passion for craft beer and brewing industry.
· Must be located in the San Francisco Bay Area
· Must have a personal vehicle that is in good working condition.
· Provide proof of valid State registration and automobile insurance.
· Proof and maintenance of a clean driving record.
o Periods of standing, moving and lifting up to 50 lbs., required.
o Health and Dental Insurance
o 401(k) with company match
o Holiday and paid time off
o Weekly beer allotment
o Car allowance
o Travel and trade budget
Salary dependent upon experience.
Send cover letter and resume with related skills and work history. No phone calls please.