Speakeasy Ales & Lagers, one of California’s fastest growing regional craft breweries, is looking for a Regional Sales Manager for our home market – San Francisco. After tripling sales from 2010 to 2013, we are in the midst of an expansion in San Francisco that will continue our growth and allow us the ability to produce 80,000 barrels by the end of 2015. We are moving into an accelerated production schedule that will sustain our growth trajectory and allow us to expand upon our gold medal winning beer selection, such as our Prohibition Ale - which medaled in 2013 at GABF. To do so, we are looking to add a craft beer savvy, experienced sales manager – with a proven track record of driving positive results and delivering exceptional service in the field.
Position Summary: Responsible for the development of new draft business, key account and distributor management, as well as building our presence with national chains and retailers. This position will have two direct reports.
o Distributor, Account and Chain Management:
• Schedule distributor, account and chain visits.
• Develop and maintain positive relationships.
• Plan, develop and conduct promotions, events and quarterly incentives.
• Motivate distributor management and sales force in order to achieve sales objectives, including the development and oversight of wholesaler incentive programming.
• Ensure growth of brand presence within existing accounts.
• Works closely with the Chain Account Manager(s) to ensure he/she is familiar with on/off premise strategies and programs.
• Manage inventory levels.
o Profitable Growth:
• Meet regional and individual sales objectives as they relate to overall brewery goals.
• Operate effectively within company and budgetary guidelines.
• Work with distributor to manage inventory and participate in product and merchandise selection to forecast inventory needs and meet sales goals.
• Analyze trends for distributor accounts, events, product and merchandise sales.
o Management of Direct Reports:
• Partner with team to plan out weekly/monthly account visits and promotional events.
• Coach and develop team to ensure sales goals are met and important relationships are maintained.
• Check, confirm and ensure all reporting is accurate and timely from direct reports.
Essential Job Requirements:
• Relevant Bachelor’s degree/Associate’s degree is strongly preferred
• Cicerone or equivalent training is a plus
• 2 years minimum beverage (beer) industry experience (5+ preferred)
• Knowledge of the San Francisco beer market preferred.
• Proven ability to meet and exceed sales goals.
• Fluency in the Apple OS universe and Microsoft Office.
• Experience with VIP preferred; utilization of CRM.
• Proven experience in strategic planning, verbal communication, account focus, management proficiency, managing profitability and quality.
• Excellent time management skills and the ability to be proactive and take initiative.
• Must be able to work some weekends, evenings and events.
• Excellent interpersonal and proven leadership skills.
• Strong judgment and professional maturity.
• Knowledge of and passion for craft beer and brewing industry.
• Must have a personal vehicle that is in good working condition.
• Provide proof of valid State registration and automobile insurance.
• Proof and maintenance of a clean driving record.
o Periods of standing, moving and lifting kegs and cases of beer, required.
o Health and Dental Insurance
o 401(k) with company match
o Holiday and paid time off
o Car allowance
o Travel and trade budget
We offer a highly competitive base salary and bonus structure, dependent upon experience.
Qualified applicants will send a resume with the past five years of work experience, and cover letter detailing your favorite craft beer to: Jobs@goodbeer.com, with: “RSM - SF” in the subject line.
No phone calls or walk-ins please, Thank You.
Application Deadline: August 18th, 2014