Speakeasy Ales & Lagers, one of California’s fastest growing regional craft breweries, is looking for a driven and experienced Sales Director. After tripling sales from 2010 to 2013, we are in the midst of an expansion in San Francisco that will continue our growth and allow us the ability to produce 80,000 barrels by the end of 2015. We are moving into an accelerated production schedule that will sustain our growth trajectory and allow us to expand upon our gold medal winning beer selection, such as our Prohibition Ale - which medaled in 2013 at GABF. To do so, we are looking to add a craft beer savvy, experienced Sales Director with a proven history of driving positive results.
Position Overview: The ideal candidate will be a highly accomplished manager with extensive beverage industry experience and a proven track record for success in sales and business development. This person should have experience with launching new markets and products, as well as working with distributors and chains to grow national market presence while initiating an increase in the local market. The candidate must be an accomplished manager with strong communication skills, effective at developing and sustaining relationships across all levels of business. A leader with a laser focus on driving results, he/she will lead the sales team to ensure positive and sustainable brand growth.
Responsibilities include (but not limited to):
Employee Development and Retention-
• Directly responsible for the growth and development of all Regional Sales Managers, Hitmen and sales coordinator to ensure preparedness for next level, in anticipation of succession placement.
• Establishes and implements the personal growth and development plans for the sales team including: annual reviews, quarterly sales goals, skill development and succession planning.
• Maintains consistent clear communication with sales team and coordinator and returns communication with a sense of urgency.
• Conducts quarterly team meetings to recap business results, realign team priorities, host training and development sessions and team building activities.
• Directly oversees budget spend to ensure bottom line profitability of the sales pillar.
• Effective calendar planning to include time in the field calling on distributors and retailers.
Support Distributor Partnerships-
• Builds strong partnerships with all distributors by adding more value than competitors through leading by example and through the contributions of the Speakeasy sales team. Acts as a liaison for markets where no Speakeasy representative is available.
• Oversees the forecasting, development and performance of distributors against Speakeasy’s annual market plans and execution of post-offs and incentives.
• Performs and/or attends monthly business reviews, frequency dependent upon the size of distributor territory and sales volume.
• Oversees the distributor marketing funds, spending plans and personal budgets of the Speakeasy sales team. Ensuring that all distributors get monthly updates of expenditures and changes in planned expenditures.
• Directly overseeing and maintaining the standards of quality assurance in the field in partnership with the sales team and in coordination with the Director of Brewing.
Market and Brand Development-
• Oversees the growth and development of all Speakeasy brands in all markets within a region while ensuring that Speakeasy’s brand integrity is never compromised.
• Identifies brand-building opportunities for all markets in the region and then works with the sales team to develop customized growth strategies and action plans for each individual market or area of business.
• Creates annual program calendar that is customized for all distributors and key retailers including on and off-premise accounts.
• Oversees pricing strategy for each market and works with distributors to regulate margins, price increases and local marketing spends.
• Directly responsible for establishing the company’s chain management, ensuring proper brand placement, exposure and implementation of scan-backs and promotions.
Required Skills and Experience-
• A minimum of 5 (10 preferred) years of proven experience in beverage sales, national accounts, wholesale distribution and chain management.
• Bachelor’s degree (strongly preferred).
• Excellent communication skills.
• Strong presentation skills including expertise developing power-point presentations
• Excellent tactical skills and ability to develop and maintain effective working relationships with all members of sales and brewery team.
• Resourceful-understands how to complete tasks by leveraging resources and delegating.
• Sound financial skills, experience managing budgets.
• Willingness to work unconventional hours (late nights and weekends) with heavy travel.
• Cicerone, or other beer certification strongly preferred.
Compensation and Benefits-
• Highly competitive compensation package and title dependent upon experience
• Health and dental benefits
• 401k with company match
• Paid time off
• Paid holidays
• Travel and trade budget
• Company expense program
Qualified applicants, please send a cover letter, resume detailing the past five years of relevant employement and applicable references to: Jobs@goodbeer.com. Please title the email: "Sales Director".
Please, no phone calls or walk-in applicants.
Deadline to apply:August 25th, 2014