Come join a talented and committed team hand crafting exceptional beers with a unique national presence. Shmaltz Brewing Company is an award-winning craft brewing company founded in San Francisco in 1996 and reborn in 2013 with a new 50-barrel, 20,000 square foot brewery and 1,700 square foot tasting room at 6 Fairchild Square, Clifton Park. We currently distribute our core and seasonal beers to over 40 distributors in 37 states. We are looking for a candidate who has a passion for producing great beer, a positive and cooperative attitude and ability to multi-task and to work independently. You must possess great time management skills and have an attention to detail. The responsibilities for this position will include operation of our 50 bbl brewhouse, tank cleaning and sanitizing, yeast management, beer transfer, carbonation, filtration, chill-proofing, dry-hopping and cleaning, etc.
· Brewing and general cellar experience is required. Some supervisory experience is also preferred.
· A minimum of 3 years in a production brewery, preferably 20,000 bbls per year or more.
· Experience operating a DE filter.
· Supervisory experience.
· Basic laboratory skills.
· Ability to lift 55 lbs. repeatedly.
· Ability to kneel and squat.
· Ability to work in hot, cold and wet conditions.
· Ability to climb and work safely from a ladder.
· Knowledge of brewery cleaning and sanitation.
· Knowledge of chemical safety.
· Computer literacy and proficiency with Excel and Word.
· Formal brewing education (or related field) strongly encouraged, but not required.
· Ability to work closely with our contract brewers.
· Time flexibility.
· Willingness to learn new ways to accomplish tasks.
· Experience with firkins, barrel aging and sour beers is a plus.
· Brewing and cellar equipment operation and trouble shooting
· Raw ingredient handling and inventory management.
· Management of multiple yeast strains in the brewery.
· Work safely with and become an integral part of a quality craft brewing team.
· Manage some of our key contract brewing relationships.
· Work closely with the brewmaster and plant manager to accomplish production and quality goals.
· Help shape our developing laboratory program.
· Take part in tasting panels.
· Salary based on experience, with bonus potential.
· Health care plan and cell phone offered.
· Vacation/Personal time offered.
· Relocation reimbursement available.
Please email resume with cover letter and salary history to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject “Brewer.” Cover letter should include why you would like to join our team, what your favorite beer that you've ever brewed and also one that you love from another brewery is and why you are the ideal candidate. Can’t wait to meet you – L’Chaim!