The VP of Sales will be a member of the executive team at Balance Water and will be a key resource in the planned growth of the company. Reporting to the President, the VP of Sales will be responsible for developing and executing a national, high growth sales strategy. The VP will need to be a dynamic individual with a proven track record for generating new business and achieving sales goals. Ideally, the candidate should have extensive connections with beverage retailer buyers and distributors on a regional and national level.
Sales Strategy & Sales Activities
- Direct responsibility for the company’s U.S. revenue
- Gain ranging in national and regional retailers
- Establish national and regional distributors to support retail activity
- Lead all day-to-day sales activities (includes in-person sales meetings) and ensure current and future performance continues to grow
- Monitor customer, market and competitor activity and provide feedback to executive team and the Board of Directors
- Personally build and maintain deep relationships with key buyers and brokers, and close strategic opportunities
- Recruit, hire and manage a high performance sales team to deliver profitable growth
- Define and oversee incentive programs that motivate the sales team to achieve their sales targets
- Provide real time forecasting of sales revenue and pipeline reporting and instill a culture of accountability
- Educate sales team on new opportunities and coach them to a high level of selling success
- Partner with marketing and finance to manage promotional calendar to maintain strong sell through at key accounts, as well as establish successful channel and partner programs.
- Provide input on the development of sales and marketing materials to be used at the retail level (POS) to drive pull through.
Desired Skills & Experience Requirements:
- Bachelors Degree required; MBA preferred
- Minimum of 7 years of successful sales management in the beverage arena
- Experience successfully creating and executing sales strategy and creating a top performing sales organization
- Prior experience working with independent beverage companies with high growth
- A network of senior level relationships and relevant contacts within key retail chains and national and regional distribution.
This full-time position is based in New York, NY. To apply, please email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.