PORTLAND, Ore. – April 22, 2008 – Thomas Kemper Soda Co., a Pacific Northwest classic for more than 25 years, is unveiling a new premium soda collection sweetened with natural cane sugar that delivers the rich, complex flavors long-time fans expect from the brand. Cane sugar is replacing high fructose corn syrup to better deliver on the brand’s commitment to flavor, quality and natural ingredients.
Craft brewed in small batches, the new Thomas Kemper Cane Sugar Soda collection debuts this May in five favorite flavors, including the brand’s best-selling Root Beer. Unique to Thomas Kemper is the use of pure Northwest honey, which lends a distinct natural sweetness, rich creaminess and smooth finish, complementing other natural ingredients such as Madagascar vanilla and Jamaican ginger.
“Our switch to cane sugar was important to delivering the most flavorful, highest quality soda on the market without compromising on ingredients,” said Bill Germano, president and CEO of Thomas Kemper Soda Co. “Our fans have high expectations, and we wanted to make absolutely sure we didn’t disappoint.”
The Thomas Kemper Cane Sugar Soda collection includes:
• Root Beer: Made from a robust blend of Madagascar vanilla and pure honey, batch-brewed Thomas Kemper Root Beer imparts rich, creamy flavor in every sip.
• Vanilla Cream: Thomas Kemper Vanilla Cream Soda gets its rich taste from all natural Madagascar vanilla, while a touch of pure honey makes it extra creamy with a velvety smooth consistency.
• Orange Cream: Like sunshine in a bottle, Thomas Kemper Orange Cream Soda blends sweet oranges, Pacific Northwest honey and a splash of rich Madagascar vanilla.
• Black Cherry: Thomas Kemper Black Cherry Soda, a taste of liquid summer, is filled with intense cherry flavor made even richer with pure honey for a smooth sweet-and-tart taste.
• Ginger Ale: With a crisp bite that’s all sparkle, smooth Thomas Kemper Ginger Ale offers a refreshing kick of spicy Jamaican ginger with just a kiss of honey.
The cane sugar sodas will be available at retailers across the U.S. this May in single bottles (SRP $1.29), six-packs (SRP $5.99) and 12-bottle sampler packs (SRP $12.99).
A Year of Change: New Packaging, New Products
In addition to freshening up the formula, Thomas Kemper sodas are sporting a new look. Highlighting the classic iconography and using the instantly recognizable color palate, Thomas Kemper bottle labels, six-packs and 12-pack cartons now have softer hues and simpler graphics. The refreshed packaging is part of an overall effort to update the Thomas Kemper brand, which also includes a redesigned and enhanced Web site that launched in April 2008.
Hot on the heels of the 20 calories or less Thomas Kemper Low Calorie Soda collection introduction earlier this year, the Cane Sugar Soda collection is part of the company’s larger effort to offer new beverage options with better ingredients for soda consumers.
About Thomas Kemper Soda Co.
Thomas Kemper Soda Co. is an independent, employee-owned company that produces classic varieties of craft-brewed cane sugar soda as well as premium low calorie soda. The company got its start in the explosive craft microbrew scene of 1980s Seattle. Today, Thomas Kemper maintains the same Northwest spirit at its Portland, Ore., headquarters and continues to bottle its soda in small batches. Thomas Kemper products are available at grocery stores, finer retailers, and restaurants throughout the Western U.S. with growing availability across the rest of the U.S. and Canada. For more information, visit www.tksoda.com.