“Faygo means fun and our Flavor Team was created to take that fun to the streets,” said Al Chittaro, executive vice president of Faygo Beverages. “Our summer lineup of new flavors brings Faygo’s total to 56 different sodas and noncarbonated beverages and truly means Faygo has something for every taste.”
The popular non-carbonated Ohana flavors will be introduced in a new one liter size. Previously, the only beverages sold in the one liter size were tonics, club soda and sparkling waters.
The new Ohana and Faygo flavors are:
- Faygo Diet Peach – 20 & 24 oz. bottle
- Faygo Pineapple Watermelon – 20 & 24 oz. bottle
- Ohana Pink Lemonade – 1 liter bottle
- Ohana Blueberry Lemonade – 1 liter bottle
- Ohana Pineapple Orange – 1 liter bottle
- Ohana Raspberry Iced Tea – 1 liter bottle
- Ohana Peach Melon – 1 liter bottle
- Ohana Peach Iced Tea – 1 liter bottle
- Ohana Cherry Grapefruit – 1 liter bottle
In April of this year, Faygo Beverages’ Orange Soda was voted “favorite orange” soda by Serious Eats, a Website focused on celebrating and sharing food enthusiasm through blogs and social networking communities. In its September 2009 issue, Bon Appetit magazine ranked Faygo Root Beer as one of the best Root Beers in America.
Faygo was founded in Detroit in 1907 as Feigenson Brothers Bottling Works. Over the years, the company has developed several different types of soft drink beverages and a wide range of flavors including Detroit favorites, Redpop and Rock & Rye. For more information visit: www.facebook.com/faygo or www.faygo.com
The company was sold to National Beverage Corp. in 1987