Becoming a More Effective Sales Manger in the Natural and Specialty Channel Seminar and Networking Event.
John Maggiore, leading broker and former Natural Category Manager, Stop & Shop and I will be running our 2 day comprehensive sales seminar at Nixon Peabody LLP, 100 Summer St., Boston, MA. People are welcome to attend either day, or both days. See hotel savings on form.
In addition, we are pleased to present as featured speakers:
* John Raiche, UNFI on using data and maximizing opportunities through national distributors
* James Curley of JFC Market Management on best practices on implementing case-pack changes and price changes.
* Phil Cottrell from SPINS on using syndicated data to fully understand your business and tell your sales story to the trade.
* Kent Pilakowski from Ignite Sales on the role of sales management companies
This is ideal for entrepreneurs, new hires, experienced veterans new to the industry, and others looking for a refresher course with great networking and problem solving. It is also great for customer service, marketing and financial staff who could benefit from a greater understanding of the sales process - Please see attachments for full agenda.
Also at Nixon Peabody LLP, 100 Summer St., Boston, MA
Financing Your Consumer Products Company Seminar and Networking Event (Dec 13) in Boston, MA
Seminar topics include:
* How do I determine my financing needs?
* What is the best source of capital to align with my needs?
* What’s the game plan for my business and my time horizon?
* Finding early-stage capital:
o Friends & Family
o Angel Investors/Groups
o What terms should I expect?
* Demystifying valuation
o Understanding equity
o What matters/what doesn’t?
* VC Financing
o Who do I approach? And how?
o Anatomy of a term sheet
o What to expect when working with a VC
o Control, veto rights, dilution
* Other Private Equity…
* Do I go alone or get professional help?
o Role of the investment banker
o Terms, fees
o Materials (business plan, sample presentation, financials)
* Creating value
o Brand Building
o Building out the team
* Positioning for exit
* Strategic buyer or financial buyer
Led by industry veterans Bob Burke & Michael Burgmaier, the seminar de-mystifies capital-raising terms and provides insights to improve your odds to successfully obtaining the financing you need. In addition, you will hear directly from industry-leading entrepreneurs who raised venture capital and then grew and sold their companies, investment bankers, investors and other industry experts.
Additional Expert Speakers:
* Andrew Whitman: Managing Partner, 2x Consumer Product Growth Partners (funded Beanitos, gDiapers, Orabrush, Tasty Bite, FoodState and more)
* Keith Kohler: President, The K2 Group, LLC (debt financing options)
Entrepreneurs Who Have Successfully Raised Capital
* Adnan Durrani, Founder and CEO of Saffron Road/American Halal
Valued sponsors of the Seminars are: Nixon Peabody, Silverwood Partners, Ignite Sales, Bright Design, Nutrition Capital Network, Bev Force, Food Force, Whole Planet Jobs.com and Buyer’s Best Friend
Please see the attached registration form or visit: