* Patrick Higgins, Higgins Cohn
on understanding and succeeding in the Canadian market.
* Jeremy Sartori, Presence Marketing on the broker perspective on what makes for a healthy broker/manufacturer relationship
* Kim Greenfeld, Camp Verde Solutions on navigating Trader Joe’s and private label opportunities
* Sheri Wallace, Organic PR Pro on maximizing social media efforts
Special guest both days, Rick Antonelli, former President of UNFI and CEO of Galaxy Nutritional Foods, will be available to answer questions and be available for one-on-one meetings for those who request them.
Also, speaker Sheri Wallace of Organic PR will offer complimentary one-on-one sessions to discuss your PR and social media programs on a first come basis – please indicate your interest on the registration form.
This is ideal for entrepreneurs, new hires, experienced veterans new to the industry, and others looking for a refresher course with great networking and problem solving. It is also great for customer service, marketing and financial staff who could benefit from a greater understanding of the sales process - Please see attachments for full agenda.
Complimentary cocktail reception on Tuesday following the seminar at Nixon Peabody for Sales seminar and networking attendees
Also at Nixon Peabody LLP, 100 Summer St., Boston, MA
Financing Your Consumer Products Company Seminar and Networking Event (Dec 13) in Boston, MA
Getting your company capitalized is perhaps the most difficult, time-consuming and frustrating part of building your business.
Seminar topics include:
* How do I determine my financing needs?
* What is the best source of capital to align with my needs?
* What’s the game plan for my business and my time horizon?
* Finding early-stage capital:
o Friends & Family
o Angel Investors/Groups
o What terms should I expect?
* Demystifying valuation
o Understanding equity
o What matters/what doesn’t?
* VC Financing
o Who do I approach? And how?
o Anatomy of a term sheet
o What to expect when working with a VC
o Control, veto rights, dilution
* Other Private Equity…
* Do I go alone or get professional help?
o Role of the investment banker
o Terms, fees
o Materials (business plan, sample presentation, financials)
* Creating value
o Brand Building
o Building out the team
* Positioning for exit
* Strategic buyer or financial buyer
Led by industry veterans Bob Burke & Michael Burgmaier, the seminar de-mystifies capital-raising terms and provides insights to improve your odds to successfully obtaining the financing you need. In addition, you will hear directly from industry-leading entrepreneurs who raised venture capital and then grew and sold their companies, investment bankers, investors and other industry experts.
Additional Expert Speakers:
* Andrew Whitman: Managing Partner, 2x Consumer Product Growth Partners (funded Beanitos, gDiapers, Orabrush, Tasty Bite, FoodState and more)
* Keith Kohler: President, The K2 Group, LLC (debt financing options)
* Bruce Nierenberg, Angel Investor
* Nick McCoy, Managing Director, Silverwood Partners
* Josh Goldin, Co-founder and Managing Partner, Alliance Consumer Growth (Shake Shack, Krave Jerky, Evol Foods, Plum Organics and others)
* Katie Fitzgerald, Business Development, Circle Up (crowd funding platform for consumer companies)
* Jordan Gaspar and Lauren Jupiter, Accel Foods (engaged support to help packaged foods and beverage entrepreneurs position to scale)
Entrepreneurs Who Have Successfully Raised Capital
* Adnan Durrani, Founder and CEO of Saffron Road/American Halal
* Sarah Palisi Chapin, Partner and CEO of Hail Merry Snacks
Complimentary cocktail reception on Thursday following the seminar at Nixon Peabody for Finance seminar and networking attendees
Valued sponsors of the Seminars are: Nixon Peabody, Silverwood Partners, Ignite Sales, Bright Design, Nutrition Capital Network, Bev Force, Food Force, Whole Planet Jobs.com and Buyer’s Best Friend
Please see the attached registration form or visit: