NEW YORK (June 18, 2014) — The Summer Fancy Food Show will be the largest since it was first presented in 1955. The sold-out exhibit halls will be filled with 2,730 specialty food makers, importers and entrepreneurs representing the latest new products and trends from across the U.S. and around the globe.
The show takes place June 29–July 1, 2014, at Javits Center in New York. Amid record demand for specialty food, the show is expected to attract 28,000 buyers, including delegations from Uruguay, Paraguay, Albania, and China, not to mention thousands of buyers from top names in U.S. retailing and restaurants including Whole Foods, Kroger, Dean & DeLuca, Gourmet Garage, Mollie Stone’s Markets, and more.
The trade-only event is the largest marketplace devoted exclusively to specialty foods and beverages in North America. Registration is at fancyfoodshows.com. A special pre-show attendee price is available through June 27, 2014.
Show highlights include a keynote address by Dominique Ansel, the acclaimed pastry chef and creator of treat sensation the Cronut®, a croissant-donut hybrid. He will also announce the winners of the 42nd sofi™ Awards for the outstanding specialty foods of the year. Chef Ansel is donating his speaking fee to City Harvest, the Summer Fancy Food Show’s longtime anti-hunger charity.
“The specialty food industry is thriving as consumers look for top-quality food made by people who bring craft, care and joy to the products they create,” says Ann Daw, president of the Specialty Food Association. “Our show provides a unique forum for buyers seeking foods that appeal to today’s more adventuresome, curious and sophisticated shoppers.”
Other show highlights:
- Demonstration of a 3-D food printer for pastry chefs, professional bakers and mixologists
- Seminars on Non-GMOs, sustainable packaging, food labeling, responsive social media for restaurants, and 11 more important topics
- More than 1,500 exhibitors from the U.S.
- Pavilions and booths representing 49 countries including Italy, Turkey, Israel, Malaysia, Trinidad & Tobago and Peru
- The Basics – One-day workshop on fundamentals of specialty food
- Inaugural Lifetime Achievement Awards honoring pioneers in specialty food
- News & Solution Center featuring mentoring sessions, live interviews with industry thought leaders and tastemakers on trends and new products
- Exhibitor donation of 200,000+ pounds of specialty food to City Harvest at show’s end
The Fancy Food Show is a trade-only event. The Specialty Food Association provides complimentary press badges to qualified media. Learn more and register.
Exhibitor News: specialtyfood.com/summernews
Fancy Food Show App: Exhibitor List, Maps, and more: specialtyfood.com/showapp
About the Specialty Food Association
The Specialty Food Association is a thriving community of food artisans, importers and entrepreneurs who bring craft, care and joy to the distinctive foods they produce. Established in 1952 in New York, the not-for-profit trade association provides its 3,000 members in the U.S. and abroad the tools, knowledge and connections to champion and nurture their companies in an always-evolving marketplace. The Association (formerly the National Association for the Specialty Food Trade, Inc.) owns and produces the Winter and Summer Fancy Food Shows, and presents the sofi Awards honoring excellence in specialty food. Learn more at specialtyfood.com