One Day Boot Camp and Networking Event:
“Financing Your Consumer Product Company”
Natural, Organic, Specialty, Retail and Premium¬
June 12, 2014;¬†8am – 4:30pm, Chicago, IL
The¬†Natural Products Consulting Institute¬†(NPCI) announces a comprehensive seminar and networking event led by industry veterans¬†Bob Burke¬†from NPCI and¬†Michael Burgmaier¬†from¬†Silverwood Partners. The seminar will also feature expert speakers:¬†institutional and strategic investors¬†2X Consumer Product Growth Partners¬†and¬†General Mills Ventures; Bill Weiland,¬†an experienced angel investor and strategic investor through¬†Boulder Brands Investment Group;¬†crowd-funding leader¬†CircleUp; debt provider¬†K2 Financing;¬†¬†consumer-focused investment bank¬†Silverwood Partners; and Bill Creelman, an entrepreneur who has successfully raised capital, for¬†Spindrift Beverage Co. The seminar provides company leaders with an in-depth understanding of what it takes to raise capital, de-mystifies capital-raising terms and provides insights to improve odds for successfully obtaining financing.
- Determining a company’s financing needs
- Aligning the source of capital with a company’s needs
- What’s the game plan over the investment time horizon?
- Finding early-stage capital
- Demystifying valuation
- Angel, Venture Capital and Private Equity Financing
- Crowd-funding or IPO? Viable options?
- Anatomy of a term sheet
- What to expect when working with an institutional investor
- Role of an investment banker
- Materials (business plan, sample presentation, financials, etc….)
- Creating value
- Positioning for exit
Additional expert speakers include:¬†¬
- Andrew Whitman:¬†Managing Partner, 2X Consumer Product Growth Partners (invested inBeanitos, gDiapers, Orabrush, Tasty Bite, MegaFood¬†&¬ Innate Response and more).
- Bill Weiland:¬†Co-founder, Boulder Brands Investment Group (invested in¬ Suja) and Angel investor; Founder and CEO of the largest natural foods brokerage in the United States, Presence Marketing.
- Meredith Schwarz:¬†Manager, General Mills Ventures, the company’s corporate venturing vehicle.
- Katie Fitzgerald:¬†Business Development Manager, CircleUp, an online investment platform for consumer product and retail companies.
- Keith Kohler:¬†Owner, K2 Financing – debt solutions for consumer products companies.
- Nick McCoy: Managing Director, Silverwood Partners. Nick has over 15 years of experience executing corporate finance transactions and making private equity investments in consumer products companies.¬
- Bill Creelman:¬†Founder/CEO of Spindrift Beverage Co.; former Co-founder/CEO of Stirrings, Inc. – sold to Diageo. Successfully raised both angel and institutional capital.¬
This Seminar is sponsored by:¬
Ignite Sales Management
Nixon Peabody LLP
Nutritional Capital Network
¬ Anchin, Block & Anchin LLP Accountants and Advisors
Bev Force/Food Force
¬†Next Accelerator¬†/New Hope Natural Media
Natural Products Consulting