The Coca-Cola Company took another step towards meeting its refranchising goals this week, inking letters of intent with three U.S. bottlers. The cola giant announced that Coca-Cola Beverages Florida, Coca-Cola Bottling Company UNITED and Viking Coca-Cola Bottling Company have assumed distribution territories from Coke-owned bottler Coca-Cola Refreshments (CCR) in five states.
Coca-Cola Beverages Florida, which in October took on territories in north Florida, including Brevard, Daytona, Jacksonville, Gainesville and Orlando, will now expand its role into southeastern Florida including Ft. Lauderdale, Hollywood, Miami and West Palm Beach.
Birmingham, Ala.-based Coca-Cola Bottling Company UNITED will take on additional territory in north and central Georgia and will acquire CCR’s production facilities in College Park and Marietta, Georgia, Montgomery, Alabama, and Cleveland, Tenn. Viking Coca-Cola Bottling Company has been granted portions of northern Minnesota, northern Wisconsin and a slice of the state of Michigan.
CCR has now sold off more than 40 percent of its sales and distribution assets to independent bottlers, and is aiming to increase that number to 50 percent by 2017.
Suja’s new line of probiotic waters will make their debut at Target in February. Available in four varieties — Raspberry, Ginger/Lime, Pineapple/Lemon/Cayenne and Orange/Ginger/Pineapple — Suja’s latest offering packs 2 billion CFUs of probiotics and 5-10 calories per 14.5 oz. bottle and will sell for $2.99 at the retail giant.
Boston-based DRINKmaple has bolstered its presence on the East Coast, adding new distribution at Stop & Shop, Martin’s Food Markets, Giant Food Stores and Wegman’s. The maple water brand has also entered H-E-B stores in Texas and Whole Foods’ Southwest region, bringing its store count to over 2,000 locations in the United States. The company’s also expanded expanded its international footprint in the United Kingdom and Australia.
- KonaRed has signed distribution agreements with Hawaii Foodservice Alliance and Hawaii Coffee Connection.
- BAWLS Guarana has secured placement at all Safeway stores in the grocer’s Oregon division.
- Sipp has announced a partnership with with metro New York distributor Dora’s Naturals, who will begin servicing the brand’s four flavors – Ginger Blossom, Mojo Berry, Summer Pear and Lemon Flower – throughout the Northeast region at the top of 2016.
- AQUAhydrate has restructured its distribution network on its home turf of Southern California, bringing on Haralambos Beverage Co. and John Lenore & Co. to replace Statewide, ACE, Mission and Harbor.
- DRY Soda Co.’s recently rebranded DRY Sparkling can now be found in over 1,000 Target stores across the country. The company’s also embarked on a limited run at Starbucks, where it’s testing at 93 locations throughout Southern California.