United Natural Foods (UNFI) is pushing two new beverage upstarts through its Speed to Market program. Titan Tea’s electrolyte-infused teas will soon be made available at 300 of UNFI’s top independent stores nationwide. Meanwhile, Tio Gazpacho’s high pressure processed soups have secured shelf placement at 62 additional retailers throughout the Northeast, bolstering its existing presence in New York, New Jersey, Connecticut, Maryland and Pennsylvania. UNFI has also recently signed on to distribute WANU, the enhanced water formerly known as Flurowater, throughout the Pacific Northwest.
As previously reported, Aloe Gloe is now being distributed in Los Angeles by Coca-Cola Refreshments. The deal came by way of the brand’s parent company L.A. Libations, of which Coca-Cola’s Venturing and Emerging Brands (VEB) division owns a minority stake. The remainder of Aloe Gloe’s SoCal distribution will continue to come from regional powerhouse Haralambos Beverages.
Speaking of California and Coca-Cola, Santa Barbara-based burrito chain Freebirds will now carry an assortment of beverages from the Coca-Cola Co.’s portfolio. In addition to its fountain sodas, Freebirds will also carry Coke-owned brands including Vitaminwater, Smartwater and Honest Tea.
- ENU nutritional protein shakes can now be found at 155 Shaw’s and Star Market grocery stores throughout New England.
- True Drinks, makers of AquaBall, have signed a distribution agreement with Capitol Beverage Sales to bring the kids flavored water brand to the Minneapolis – St. Paul area.
- Canadian “supershake” brand Rumble will be making its U.S. debut this Fall at select Whole Foods Markets in the grocer’s South Pacific and Mid-Atlantic regions, as well as 500 other natural and specialty stores throughout the U.S..
- Skinny Cow’s three iced coffee SKUs (Mocha Latte, Vanilla Latte and Creamy Cappuccino) will enter over 600 Target stores beginning in mid-August.
- Clearly Kombucha is now available at over 1,000 stores across 34 states, including major retailers Sprouts, Ralphs, Safeway and Whole Foods, among others.