DENVER, March 31, 2015 /PRNewswire/ — The Pulse Beverage Corporation (“Pulse” or “the Company”) (OTCQB: PLSB), makers of Natural Cabana® Lemonades/Limeades and Coconut Waters, and PULSE® Heart & Body Health functional beverages, today provided the following update on its fourth quarter progress and recent corporate developments.
Business Highlights – Fourth Quarter 2014 to Date:
- The Company closed a non-brokered private placement and raised $1,050,000 through a $0.10 per Unit offering. “We are thrilled with the response to our fundraising efforts”, commented Robert E. Yates, CEO of Pulse, “It is gratifying to see our founding and early-on shareholders reinvest in us. With these additional funds we can accelerate our PULSE® distribution and Natural Cabana® rollout into Mexico andCanada“;
- Pulse’s subsidiary, Natural Cabana, SA de CV, signed an agreement with an established Mexicodistributor in February, 2015 to distribute Natural Cabana® Coconut Waters, Lemonades and Limeades (Limonada’s in Mexico) to key chain store accounts obtained over the past few months. This distributor has been in business for more than 60 years and has more than 1,000 employees with distribution points in every major city in Mexico and distribution routes to almost all retail outlets. Our Mexico operations are headed by Carlos Villarreal. Mr. Villarreal was responsible for the Mexico introduction and distribution of Monster Energy Drink® in 2004 and led the expansion across all of Mexico up until June, 2010. Mr. Villarreal has worked with leading brands such as Dr. Pepper Snapple and Miller, among others, in their entry/distribution strategies. He has also served as a Director for Anheuser-Busch and for Grupo Modelo(Corona) in the U.S. and Mexico;
- The Company signed an agreement with a major Canadian national distributor of high end beverages, Unique Foods, to distribute Natural Cabana® Coconut Water throughout Canada. Unique Foods is a leading importer of premium beverage brands such as: Stewart’s Old Fashioned Sodas, Cascade Ice™, Hype Energy™, AQUAhydrate™ and ACTIVATE® Vitamin Drinks. This is in addition to Pacific Bottleworks’ nationwide Canadian distribution of Natural Cabana® Lemonades/Limeades;
- Pulse has Walmart store manager approval status across the country to sell Natural Cabana® Lemonade/Limeade. The Pulse team has set more than 300 Walmart stores to date;
- Pulse is in the process of setting 4,000 retail stores for April, May and June: more than 3,500 stores are being set for Natural Cabana® Lemonades/Limeades, 500 for Coconut Waters, and 300 for PULSE® Heart & Body Health functional beverages;
- Pulse is currently negotiating with regional and national chain stores that have the potential of 13,000 additional stores selling one or all of its brands: more than 8,000 for Lemonade/Limeade, more than 7,000 for Coconut Water, and more than 5,500 for PULSE®;
- Pulse’s Natural Cabana® Coconut Water was featured as a cover article in the March 2015 edition of Beverage Industry, a national beverage magazine. Link to the related article:http://www.bevindustry.com/articles/88249-coconut-water-sales-expanding-robustly. The article discusses the sector and all of the health benefits of coconut water and that the category is expanding rapidly in North America, Europe and Asia. They talk about all the major companies in the category and that Natural Cabana® Coconut Water is a new entrant in the category. However, after considering all the entrants in the category and their packaging they chose to place Natural Cabana® Pineapple Coconut Water on the cover because of its packaging.
Pulse introduced Natural Cabana® Lemonade in 2012 and since then has developed a multi-national comprehensive distribution system through more than 150 distributors in 48 States, Canada, Mexico,Panama, Bermuda and Ireland. In January 2014 Pulse expanded into Limeade, and in March 2014 expanded into Coconut Waters. PULSE® Heart & Body brand of functional beverages, originally developed by Baxter Healthcare commences distribution in May, 2015 starting in a 137 store chain of neighborhood markets that specialize in new, leading edge products. Pulse believes the new flavor profiles and formulation will have significantly wider distributor, buyer and consumer appeal.
By establishing a multi-national distribution system, Pulse has secured, in three years, more than 20,000 listings for its Lemonades/Limeades and more than 5,000 listings for its Coconut Waters. Some of the more notable regional and national grocery and convenience chain stores selling its brands are: Albertsons/Safeway, Walmart, Kroger/Fred Meyer/Ralphs, Kmart, Circle K, Walgreens, 7-Eleven, Whole Foods, H-E-B, Hy-Vee Supermarket, Save Mart Supermarkets, Hannaford, Food City, Raley’s Supermarkets, Price Chopper Supermarkets, WinCo Foods, and Gelson’s Supermarket.
The Company distributes its brands through a strategic regional and international distribution system, which includes over 85% Class “A” distributors such as Sysco, The Sygma Network, Core-Mark, Snyder’s-Lance, UNFI and distributors for Anheuser Busch, Miller Coors, Pepsi, Coca-Cola, RC/7-Up and Cadbury Schweppes.
2014 fiscal year was up compared to fiscal 2013 due to fourth quarter sales which were up 70% over the comparable quarter in 2013. This turnaround was due to the extension of its Natural Cabana® brand into Limeade and Coconut Water. The Company’s Lemonades/Limeades fourth quarter sales were up 39% over the comparable quarter in 2013. The Company expects sales to increase as it expands internationally intoMexico and Canada. The Company is fulfilling the first order for Coconut Water sourced from its new Asian manufacturer. This order should be available for distribution during the first week of May. This new coconut water was widely taste-tested and paneled and the consensus of opinion was that it better suits the palette of North American coconut water consumers.
The Company plans to produce Natural Cabana® Lemonade/Limeade (“Limonada”) for the Mexico market in a 16oz glass bottle format.
Bob Yates, Chief Executive Officer said, “We achieved significant operational progress during the fourth quarter of 2014 to date. We have spent 3.5 years in establishing our comprehensive nationwide and international distribution system. We believe this and the highlights discussed above will lead to a breakout year in 2015. With the progress we are making, we are confident in the delivery and execution of our product launches, continued sales and marketing strategies and look forward to communicating more progress on this with our shareholders during 2015.”
About The Pulse Beverage Corporation
Pulse Beverage Corporation is an emerging beverage company that offers beverage brands that are great tasting, good-for-you, refreshing, low-calorie natural drinks, including: PULSE® Heart & Body Health functional beverages, Natural Cabana® Lemonade and Limeade and Natural Cabana® Coconut Water. Combining all-natural ingredients, essential vitamins and minerals, Pulse’s beverage brands provide consumers with high-quality, healthy alternatives. For more information, please visit: www.pulsebeverage.comor email email@example.com.
Follow Pulse Beverage on Twitter at https://twitter.com/drinkpulsebev.
Become a Pulse Beverage Facebook Fan at https://www.facebook.com/PulseBeverageCorporation.
Forward-Looking Statements http:/ir.pulsebeverage.com/forward-looking-statements
Investor Relations Contact:
Acorn Management Partners