Brewbound Releases Agenda for May 2 Craft Beer Session in Boston
Brewbound, BevNET’s site dedicated to craft beer, has released the preliminary agenda for its upcoming business conference for craft brewers. The Brewbound Session will be held on May 2 at the Revere Hotel in Boston and provides an excellent opportunity to learn marketing, investment, and distribution strategies, as well as hear case studies of successful brands in a highly collaborative atmosphere.
Here is a preliminary agenda and speaker list for the upcoming event (times and sessions subject to change):
- 7:45 – 9:00 – Registration & Breakfast
- 9:00 – 9:05 – Welcome – Opening remarks with BevNET.com Inc. founder John Craven and Brewbound.com editor Chris Furnari.
- 9:05 – 9:35 – Innovation Strategies – A Keynote Address by Jim Koch, Founder and Chairman, Boston Beer Company. Followed by Q&A.
- 9:35 – 9:55 – Craft’s Growing Share On-Premise – A presentation of restaurant and bar craft data provided by GuestMetrics CEO, Bill Pecoriello.
- 9:55 – 10:15 – At the Tap: The On-Premise Environment for Craft – A panel discussion on craft sales in restaurants and bars that gives context to GuestMetrics’ data from the on-premise purveyors themselves.
- 10:15 – 10:45 – NETWORKING BREAK
- 10:45 – 11:15 – By The Numbers – Tracking emerging channels for craft beer, featuring Liz Crews, Vice President, Analytic Lead for Beverage Alcohol Practice, Nielsen.
- 11:15 – 11:45 – Illustrating Sales Strategy: The Luxury Craft Brand – A case study on the profitability of the super high-end craft beer segment. Featuring Simon Thorpe, the president and CEO of Duvel Moortgat USA and Brewery Ommegang. Followed by Q&A.
- 11:45 — 12: 25 – The All-Important Local Icon – A case for the regional brewery business model; with Richard Doyle and Daniel Kenary, the co-founders of Harpoon Brewery. Followed by Q&A.
- 1:30 — 2:00 – Building a National Portfolio – Portfolio management and national distribution strategies for craft brewers; with Andy Thomas, the president of commercial operations for Craft Brew Alliance.
- 2:00 – 2:30 – Craft Data Strategies – A discussion on how craft brewers can leverage sales data to improve their position and win the faith of retailers. Featuring Tom Fox, a partner with CM Profit Group.
- 2:30 — 3:00 – A Tale of Two Gypsies – A discussion on the growing issues affecting gypsy and contract breweries in a crowded craft marketplace; with Dann Paquette and Martha Holley-Paquette, co-founders of Pretty Things Beer & Ale Project.
- 3:00 — 3:30 – NETWORKING BREAK
- 3:30 – 4:00 – Marketing Strategy: Promoting Your Craft – A look at experiential marketing initiatives for craft brewers featuring Terry Lozoff, EVP of Antler Agency. Followed by Q&A.
- 4:00 – 4:30 – An Evolving Distributor Landscape – As craft matures, what changes is it bringing to the supplier/distributor relationship? With Craig Purser, the president and CEO of the National Beer Wholesalers Association (NBWA). Followed by Q&A.
- 4:30 – 5:10 – From the Brink of Bankruptcy to a Sales Bonanza – The tale of Founders Brewing, which is learning to manage and maintain accelerated growth just a few years after nearly going out of business. Featuring Dave Engbers, Founders Brewing co-founder. Followed by Q&A.
- 5:10 – 5:30 – Brewers Round Table – A group discussion featuring some of the day’s brewery presenters that looks to the future of the craft beer industry.
- 5:30 – 7:00 – Beer & Networking Reception
Brewbound Session Spring ’13 will take place at the Revere Hotel in Boston, Mass. on Thursday, May 2. For questions about the event and to inquire about a special craft brewer discount please contact Mike Vassallo at firstname.lastname@example.org or 617-231-8827.