Brewbound, BevNET’s site dedicated to craft beer, has released the preliminary agenda for its upcoming business conference for craft brewers. The Brewbound Session will be held on May 2 at the Revere Hotel in Boston and provides an excellent opportunity to learn marketing, investment, and distribution strategies, as well as hear case studies of successful brands in a highly collaborative atmosphere.
Here is a preliminary agenda and speaker list for the upcoming event (times and sessions subject to change):
- 7:45 – 9:00 – Registration & Breakfast
- 9:00 – 9:05 – Welcome – Opening remarks with BevNET.com Inc. founder John Craven and Brewbound.com editor Chris Furnari.
- 9:05 – 9:35 – Innovation Strategies – A Keynote Address by Jim Koch, Founder and Chairman, Boston Beer Company. Followed by Q&A.
- 9:35 – 9:55 – Craft’s Growing Share On-Premise – A presentation of restaurant and bar craft data provided by GuestMetrics CEO, Bill Pecoriello.
- 9:55 – 10:15 – At the Tap: The On-Premise Environment for Craft – A panel discussion on craft sales in restaurants and bars that gives context to GuestMetrics’ data from the on-premise purveyors themselves.
- 10:15 – 10:45 – NETWORKING BREAK
- 10:45 – 11:15 – By The Numbers – Tracking emerging channels for craft beer, featuring Liz Crews, Vice President, Analytic Lead for Beverage Alcohol Practice, Nielsen.
- 11:15 – 11:45 – Illustrating Sales Strategy: The Luxury Craft Brand – A case study on the profitability of the super high-end craft beer segment. Featuring Simon Thorpe, the president and CEO of Duvel Moortgat USA and Brewery Ommegang. Followed by Q&A.
- 11:45 — 12: 25 – The All-Important Local Icon – A case for the regional brewery business model; with Richard Doyle and Daniel Kenary, the co-founders of Harpoon Brewery. Followed by Q&A.
- 12:25 – 1:30 – LUNCH
- 1:30 — 2:00 – Building a National Portfolio – Portfolio management and national distribution strategies for craft brewers; with Andy Thomas, the president of commercial operations for Craft Brew Alliance.
- 2:00 – 2:30 – Craft Data Strategies – A discussion on how craft brewers can leverage sales data to improve their position and win the faith of retailers. Featuring Tom Fox, a partner with CM Profit Group.
- 2:30 — 3:00 – A Tale of Two Gypsies – A discussion on the growing issues affecting gypsy and contract breweries in a crowded craft marketplace; with Dann Paquette and Martha Holley-Paquette, co-founders of Pretty Things Beer & Ale Project.
- 3:00 — 3:30 – NETWORKING BREAK
- 3:30 – 4:00 – Marketing Strategy: Promoting Your Craft – A look at experiential marketing initiatives for craft brewers featuring Terry Lozoff, EVP of Antler Agency. Followed by Q&A.
- 4:00 – 4:30 – An Evolving Distributor Landscape – As craft matures, what changes is it bringing to the supplier/distributor relationship? With Craig Purser, the president and CEO of the National Beer Wholesalers Association (NBWA). Followed by Q&A.
- 4:30 – 5:10 – From the Brink of Bankruptcy to a Sales Bonanza – The tale of Founders Brewing, which is learning to manage and maintain accelerated growth just a few years after nearly going out of business. Featuring Dave Engbers, Founders Brewing co-founder. Followed by Q&A.
- 5:10 – 5:30 – Brewers Round Table – A group discussion featuring some of the day’s brewery presenters that looks to the future of the craft beer industry.
- 5:30 – 7:00 – Beer & Networking Reception
Brewbound Session Spring ’13 will take place at the Revere Hotel in Boston, Mass. on Thursday, May 2. For questions about the event and to inquire about a special craft brewer discount please contact Mike Vassallo at firstname.lastname@example.org or 617-231-8827.