DEERFIELD, Ill., Sept. 22, 2014 /PRNewswire/ — Today, the world’s No. 1 bourbon is excited to announce the winners of the Jim Beam® “Single Barrel, Single Statement” Contest. Taking crowdsourcing to the next level by allowing fans to help co-create onto actual bottle labels sold in stores, Jim Beam® Single Barrel Bourbon asked its fans to share personal “statements” – their wisdom for enjoying bourbon – that are as individual and unique as the brands’ first-ever single barrel bourbon.
With the same level of dedication and selectivity that goes into finding the less than one percent of barrels that qualify to be chosen for Jim Beam Single Barrel, Fred Noe, Jim Beam’s 7th Generation Master Distiller helped to select the finest six (6) statements from more than three-thousand eligible entries. Winning statements include:
Two (2) Grand Prize Winners:
- “Toast to the past and the adventure ahead” – Joshua Stewart (Jacksonville, FL)
- “Sometimes, it’s good to be single” – Jason Reyna (Dallas, TX)
Four (4) First Place Winners:
- “Single Barrel. Countless memories” – Robert Wyrick (Gibsonville, NC)
- “Good bourbon is like a good friend: unforgettable” – Bob Karlovits (Pittsburgh, PA)
- “Life, like Single Barrel, is best savored slowly” – Arlene Naganawa (Seattle, WA)
- “The pure taste of great family tradition” – Jerry Thompson (Louisville, KY)
“Every bottle of Jim Beam Single Barrel bourbon represents individuality – not only with the distinct flavor and personality of the liquid itself, but also with its hand-written bottle labels and the distillers’ wisdom that’s printed on the back labels,” said Noe. “We were thrilled with the response from our fans to share their statements and be a part of our craft-making process.”.”
The Jim Beam® “Single Barrel, Single Statement” contest was held between July 16 and August 17. During that time fans of legal drinking age were asked to share their “single statement” – their wisdom for enjoying bourbon within 50 characters or less at www.JimBeamSingleStatement.com – for a chance to be featured on the actual bottle labels of Jim Beam® Single Barrel.
Jim Beam® “Single Barrel, Single Statement” Prizing Details
The six winning statements will begin appearing on bottle labels of the super-premium Jim Beam® Single Barrel bourbon in stores across the nation starting in early 2015.
In addition to having their names and statements printed on bottle labels sold across the nation, all six winners will receive an authentic Jim Beam® Single Barrel Bourbon barrelhead, customized with their name and statement, autographed by Noe.
The two Grand Prize Winners will also receive a once-in-a-lifetime, private bourbon tasting in their hometown with friends and Noe in early-December.
To view the six winning statements mocked up as bottle labels, visit www.JimBeamSingleStatement.com.
About Jim Beam® Single Barrel Bourbon
- Jim Beam® Single Barrel, the first ever single barrel bourbon from Jim Beam, is a smooth and approachable hand-crafted Kentucky Straight Bourbon bottled at 95 proof to commemorate the first barrel of Jim Beam made in 1795.
- Less than one percent of barrels qualify to be chosen for Jim Beam® Single Barrel with each producing more than 200 bottles that are individually bottled and hand-numbered with care to ensure a unique taste profile and premium quality for a perfectly crafted bourbon.
- Barrels are carefully selected from a range of racks that excludes the top and bottom to ensure the perfect taste, consistency and color of this new, super-premium expression that marks the historic and exciting move by Jim Beam into the quickly growing arena of premium bourbons.
- Jim Beam® Single Barrel is a rich, full-bodied bourbon with well-balanced notes of vanilla, oak and caramel. The aroma carries a rich oaky background with a light spiciness.
- Jim Beam® Single Barrel is the perfect sip and savor bourbon to enjoy neat or on the rocks.
About Beam Suntory Inc.
As the world’s third largest premium spirits company, Beam Suntory is Crafting the Spirits that Stir the World. Consumers from all corners of the globe call for the company’s brands, including the flagship Jim Beam bourbon and Yamazaki Japanese whisky, as well as world renowned premium brands including Maker’s Mark and Knob Creek bourbons, Hakushu and Hibiki Japanese whiskies, Teacher’s, Laphroaig, and Bowmore Scotch whiskies, Canadian Club whisky, Courvoisier cognac, Sauza tequila, Pinnacle vodka, and Midori liqueur. The company generates annual worldwide sales of approximately $4.6 billion excluding excise taxes.
Beam Suntory was created in 2014 by combining the world leader in bourbon and the pioneer in Japanese whisky to form a new company with a deep heritage, passion for quality, innovative spirit and entrepreneurial culture. Headquartered in Deerfield, Illinois, Beam Suntory is a subsidiary of Suntory Holdings Limited of Japan. For more information on Beam Suntory, its brands, and its commitment to social responsibility, please visit www.beamsuntory.com and www.drinksmart.com.