Purity Vodka Brand Partners with “Community” Star Joel McHale for New Campaign

Purity Vodka Bottle“Community” and “The Soup” Star Pairs With Award-Winning Swedish Vodka Brand in Edgy and Humorous “Crafted Spirits” Video Series

 NEW YORK, July 9, 2014 – Purity® Vodka today announced the launch of its biggest US campaign ever, “Crafted Spirits,” which features a new digital content series starring actor Joel McHale.  The campaign shines a light on the world of obsessive craftsmanship, highlighting unique and accomplished craftsmen as a way to communicate Purity’s own dedication to quality in creating its award-winning taste.

“Purity® Vodka called with an opportunity to hang out with the world’s most unique craftsmen and drink on the job.  So naturally I said, ‘Sign me up!’ And they replied, ‘We just did – this phone call is legally binding,” said Joel McHale.

The campaign will be first seen as a comedic, documentary style digital video series starring McHale and titled “Crafted Spirits with Joel McHale.” Executive Produced by Anthony and Joe Russo (“Captain America 2: Winter Solider”) through their Bullitt banner,  it was created with Purity® Vodka to show viewers Joel McHale’s journey to discover craftsmen who do things a little differently, to create the ultimate statement of taste.  This idea parallels the brand’s own Master Craftsman and Founder, Thomas Kuuttanen, who created Purity Vodka.

The first video in the “Crafted Spirits” series is being released today, and is free for those 21 and older to see at PurityVodka.com.  The other two videos will be released later this year.

“For the “Crafted Spirits” series, I play a lightly fictionalized version of myself. For example, this ‘Joel McHale’ is slightly taller than I am, thanks to trick photography.  He also has some free time on his hands which is very different from the real me. So I hit the road to discover the finer things in life, and – here’s the best part – score some free stuff,” added McHale.

“’Crafted Spirits’ is a natural progression in our communication strategy for an artisanal brand like Purity” said Andy Glaser, President and CEO, Purity Vodka. “We have a unique story in how we craft our vodka and create its award-winning taste. We can share this in a big and edgy way through the comedic storytelling of Joel McHale, while remaining authentic to our brand’s story of obsessive craftsmanship.”

Joel McHale is one of the busiest actors in the business right now.  He recently starred on NBC’s hit comedy series “Community,” which will next be seen on Yahoo, is starring in the thriller Deliver Us From Evil currently in theaters, can be seen in Warner Bros’ romantic comedy Blended and will star in A Friggin’ Christmas Miracle. In addition, McHale continues to satirize pop culture and current events each week on E!’s “The Soup” . His quick wit and sharp comedic timing have made the show a pop culture phenomenon. McHale also performs his stand-up act around the country to sold-out audiences.

The campaign was created by Purity Vodka and its marketing agency IMG. The campaign will be seen primarily on digital and social media.

This is not Purity® Vodka’s first foray into edgy statements, as it co-produced a Timo Weiland fashion show last month that surprised fashion tastemakers that had expected to see models and clothing on full display. Rather, attendees were only given a percentage of what they expected – as some models wore only the finest 10% of their outfits on the runway, leaving the rest for all to see.  Audience reactions ranged from shocked to highly amused, and only after the exhibition was it revealed to be a visualization of Purity’s one-of-a-kind distillation process that discards 90% of the liquid; leaving only the finest 10% of the yield – the Perfect Cut™.    In addition, in 2013 Purity® Vodka and Thomas Kuuttanen also publically challenged Grey Goose® to a blind taste test through an open letter advertisement in the Wall Street Journal (May 13, 2014 edition) that some of their drinkers may prefer the taste of Purity Vodka. To this day the competitor brand has still not taken up the challenge.

ABOUT PURITY® VODKA

Purity® Vodka is the world’s most award-winning ultra-premium vodka and is the first brand to earn the title of ‘Grand Vodka Master’ Awards three years in a row at the Vodka Masters. With its heritage based in the 12th century Ellinge Castle in southern Sweden, Purity® Vodka sprang from Master Blender Thomas Kuuttanen’s lifelong quest to redefine the vodka category. The heart of Purity® Vodka is distilled 34 times using a specially designed still made of copper and gold, creating a spirit so refined that no filtration is necessary.

For more information about Purity® Vodka, please visit purityvodka.com.

PLEASE DRINK RESPONSIBLY Purity® Vodka. 40% Alc. by Vol. Distilled from Grain. Imported by Purity® Vodka, Manhasset, N.Y. Product of Sweden. © 2014 Purity® Vodka, Inc.