Annual IMI Way Day Event Incorporates Worldwide, Simultaneous Code of Ethics Training and Local Charity Support
CHICAGO — June 6, 2012 — IMI Cornelius, Inc., the world’s largest supplier of beverage dispensing and cooling equipment and a subsidiary of IMI plc, today announced it is celebrating IMI’s 150-year anniversary by making a global impact through local outreach. As part of this effort, on June 13, 2012, 15,000 employees around the world will simultaneously participate in the IMI Way Day, a company event that involves in-depth employee training on the company’s code of ethical and responsible business conduct. All IMI Cornelius facilities worldwide will then demonstrate these values by giving back to their respective communities through local charity work.
The IMI Way Day is an annual meeting designed to train all IMI employees on the company’s code of conduct using a STAR guide, which stands for Stop, Think, Act and Reflect and helps employees when they are faced with ethical dilemmas at work. The training focuses on IMI’s three guiding values of excellence, innovation and integrity. These values are what drives the company’s performance and ensures that business is always done in the right way. This means customers and business partners, such as suppliers and investors, can rely on IMI. Furthermore, these values reinforce IMI’s commitment to the responsible business priorities of health and safety, energy efficiency, supply management and customer engagement to help meet corporate and social responsibilities.
According to Jeff Lumsden, president of the Americas for IMI Cornelius, “IMI Cornelius takes its company code of conduct very seriously because we are committed to running our business in an ethical and honest manner and always treating our partners and customers in the same way.” He added, “It is an incredible experience to be able to connect with our colleagues around the world by participating in the exact same training on the exact same day, then rolling up our sleeves and having all 300 of our Glendale Heights employees make a local impact by donating money, time and services to charities in the DuPage County area.”
“Through the planning of this event, it has been humbling to hear stories about just how many children, families and animals in the DuPage area alone are in desperate need of help,” explained Mike Piehl, communications lead for the IMI Way Day, IMI Cornelius. “Knowing that we can help make a difference simply by donating our time and resources is a driving force for our company.”
The following DuPage-area organizations are involved in the IMI Way Day:
- LifeSource. The largest blood center in IL, distributing a half-million blood products annually to 60 area hospitals.
- My Stuff Bags Foundation. Provides new belongings, comfort and hope to thousands of children each year that must be rescued from abuse, neglect and abandonment.
- Marquardt School District 15 Elementary Schools. Mission is to implement an educational program which provides students with skills and knowledge to become productive members of society and life-long learners.
- Kids in Need Addison. Help for kids experiencing a parental crisis.
- Hesed House. Mission is to feed the hungry, clothe the naked, shelter the homeless and give people the chance to hope again.
- Shriners Hospital for Children, Chicago. Treats children with a host of orthopedic and neuromusculoskeletal conditions, spinal cord injuries, as well as cleft lip and palate.
- Project H.E.L.P. Home-based parent mentoring and support services to create a safe and nurturing environment.
- DuPage Animal Shelter. Animal care, control and adoption.
- Northern Illinois Food Bank. Provides nutritious food to all those in need though internal efforts and those of non-profit partners.
For more information about the IMI Way Day, please contact Mike Piehl at 630-539-5105 or firstname.lastname@example.org
About IMI Cornelius — North America
With North American headquarters in Glendale Heights, IL, IMI Cornelius is the world’s leading supplier of beverage dispensing and cooling equipment. The company is a manufacturer and marketer of premium post-mix beverage dispensing systems, beer dispensers, ice makers, juice and tea dispensers, frozen beverage dispensers, and a complete line of accessories. With 12 plants in six countries and sales offices that span the globe, IMI Cornelius products are the choice of the top beverage brand owners, restaurants, convenience stores and hospitality chains. IMI Cornelius helps its partners and customers maximize profits through leadership, design innovation, reliability and lifetime support. The company is dedicated to continuous improvement with a customer-focused philosophy of driving incremental growth for brand owners and retailers, developing state-of-the-art refrigeration concepts and differentiating through technology and service. IMI Cornelius is a subsidiary of British-based IMI plc. For more information, please visit our website at www.cornelius.com.