Two upcoming seminars and networking events in San Francisco:
Becoming a More Effective Sales Manager in the Natural and Specialty Channel
May 21-22, 2013 | 9am – 4:30pm | Nixon Peabody LLP, One Embarcadero Center, San Francisco, CA
A seminar for entrepreneurs, new hires, experienced veterans new to the industry, and others looking for a refresher course with great networking and problem solving. It is also great for customer service, marketing and financial staff who could benefit from a greater understanding of the sales process.
The seminar will be led by industry veterans Bob Burke and Michael Burgmaier.
Bob Burke is co-author of The Natural Products Field Manual and The Sales Manager’s Handbook. He is a consultant in the natural and specialty products industry since 1998 and former VP of Sales and Corporate Development at Stonyfield Farm. He has prepared numerous business plans, assisted in fund raising, advised clients on growth and exit strategies and has helped a number of companies reach a successful exit. He serves on the board of directors of FoodState, EcoFish, Orgain and American Halal. He has an MBA from Babson College. For more info please see: www.NaturalConsulting.com
Michael Burgmaier is an investment banker with Silverwood Partners where he leads M&A and private placement transactions in the consumer product space, and a former venture capital investor in the food & beverage/consumer products sectors, where he helped lead five deals in the space. He has raised capital for numerous companies, helped facilitate successful exits, written business plans, prepared fundraising materials, has served on boards of venture-backed companies and writes and speaks frequently on raising capital and selling companies. He has an MBA from the Tuck School at Dartmouth.
In addition, we are pleased to present as featured speakers:
- Tim Sperry on successfully navigating your way through Whole Foods
- James Curley of JFC Market Management on best practices on implementing case-pack changes and price changes.
- Bobbi Leahy from SPINS on using syndicated data to fully understand your business and tell your sales story to the trade.
- Kent Pilakowski from Ignite Sales on the role of sales management companies
- Peter Guyer, Athena Marketing International on how to successfully develop and execute an Export Sales Program
- Dan Mullen of Dan Mullen and Associates on the broker perspective on what makes for a healthy broker/manufacturer relationship
Special guest, Sheri Wallace of Organic PR will offer complimentary one-on-one sessions to discuss your PR and social media programs on a first come basis – please indicate your interest on the registration form.
Financing Your Consumer Product Company: Natural, Organic, Specialty, Retail & Premium
May 23, 2013 | 8am – 4:30pm | Nixon Peabody LLP, One Embarcadero Center, San Francisco, CA
A comprehensive seminar that provides entrepreneurs and executives an in-depth understanding of what it takes to raise capital. Also led by Bob Burke & Michael Burgmaier, the seminar de-mystifies capital-raising terms and provides insights to improve your odds to successfully obtaining the financing you need. In addition, you will hear directly from industry-leading entrepreneurs who raised venture capital and then grew and sold their companies, investment bankers, investors and other industry experts.
Additional Expert Speakers:
- Andrew Whitman: Managing Partner, 2x Consumer Product Growth Partners (funded Beanitos, gDiapers, Orabrush, Tasty Bite, FoodState and more)
- Keith Kohler: President, The K2 Group, LLC (debt financing options)
- Scott Potter, San Francisco Equity Partners (invested in Method, Yes To, ICU Eyewear, Luxury Link, The Guild)
- Tom Simone, Angel Investor, (Chairman, The Gluten Free Group, Chairman Emeritus of UNFI)
- Ryan Caldbeck, CEO & Founder, Circle UP, crowd funding platform for consumer products companies, Ryan was formerly with TSG Consumer Partners and Encore Consumer Capital
Entrepreneurs Who Have Successfully Raised Capital
- Jean Arnold, Founder/CEO of 479 Popcorn
- Neil Grimmer, CEO & Co-founder, Plum Organics
Valued sponsors of the Seminars are: Nixon Peabody, Silverwood Partners, Ignite Sales, Bright Design, Nutrition Capital Network, Silverwood Partners, Bev Force, Food Force, Rachel Kay PR and Buyer’s Best Friend
To sign up for one or both seminars, please see the attached registration form or visit: