- Hansen’s (5.9 percent) and Red Bull (2.9 percent) were the only two energy drink brands to grow last month, according to information from the Nielsen Company and UBS. Beverage Category Analyst Kaumil Gajrawala noted that Coke and Pepsi are allocating fewer resources to their Full Throttle and SoBe Energy brands. Category was down .3 percent with Coke and Pepsi included; up 3 percent without them.
- Sweet Leaf Tea Company has announced the launch of its new 16 oz. proprietary glass bottle. Link
ON THE SHELVES
- Just launched: Neuro beverages, a line of low-calorie functional drinks. First line includes NeuroGasm (Passion Enhancer), NeuroSonic (Mental Alertness), NeuroBliss (Happiness Enhancer), NeuroTrim (Supports Healthy Weight Loss), NeuroSporti (Replenishes & Hydrates) and NeuroSleep (Promotes Restful Sleep). Link
- Just launched: ME — a juice line featuring four flavor pairings: blueberry lime, tangerine pineapple, pink grapefruit and dragonfruit blackberry. Link
- Simplifast, the all-natural RTD fasting beverage, is now promoting healthy weight-management in eight Central Market stores. Link
- Boylan Bottling Co has signed deal with Crescent Beverage Co, a division of NJ Coors,Corona distributor Peerless Beverage Co to distribute its natural sodas in northern NJ.
- Alcohol Killer USA, Inc. signed a distribution agreement with Haralambos Beverage Company for placement of ALCOHOL KILLER in key Southern California outlets, including Los Angeles, Orange, San Bernardino and Riverside counties.
- Celsius Holdings, Inc. announced that CDS Ventures of South Florida, LLC has entered into a commitment to extend a three-year $6.5 million loan to the company. This brings the total investment and commitments in the company by Carl DeSantis’ affiliated companies to $15.3 million, including equity investments, promissory note and loan facilities.
IN THE MEDIA
- Coconut water marketers are stepping up their budgets as competition increases in the fast-growing category, according to the Wall Street Journal. Link
- This may be the Best. Article. Ever. on convenience store culture. Wawa vs. Sheetz. Let the battle begin. Link