Pitaya Plus

Pitaya Plus

Pitaya Plus

BevNET Review

Last Updated: 1/26/2011 9:52 AM

Pitaya + is a new juice drink that utilizes the antioxidant power of pitaya fruit, which is more commonly known as dragon fruit. The juice is mild on the nose but the presence of lemon juice packs an immediately tart punch upon first sip. In addition to pitaya puree and lemon juice concentrate, the drink has a coconut water base, which, unfortunately, is virtually indistinguishably due to the tartness of the other ingredients. The product is sweetened naturally with evaporated cane juice and clocks in at 91 calories per bottle (or 70 per 8 oz serving). The product is packaged in a 10.5 oz bottle covered in a full wrap label. The matte finish is appealing and mimics the appearance of the juice itself, while also giving the product an attractive and exotic feeling. The bottle is topped off with a bright green cap which ties in nicely with the image of the pitaya fruit on the front label. Overall, Pitaya + is a great addition to the natural, antioxidant-rich beverage space. Our only recommendation is to consider bumping up the coconut water level to help balance out the tartness and to create some market separation from other “superfruit” drinks already on the shelves.

Rating:

4 stars4 stars4 stars4 stars4 stars

Average User Rating

  (1 votes)

Product Type

Juice: Juice Drink

Container

10.5 oz PET

Nutritional Info

Serving size 8 fl oz Servings per container 1.3 Amount per serving Calories 70 Calories from Fat 0 % Daily Value* Total Fat 0g 0% Saturated Fat 0g 0% Trans Fat 0g 0% Sodium 50mg 2% Potassium 150mg 3% Total Carbohydrates 18g 5% Dietary Fibers 5g 20% Sugars 10g Protein 1g VITAMIN C 6% ? VITAMIN D 250% CALCIUM 2% ? MAGNESIUM 6%

Ingredients

INGREDIENTS: PITAYA JUICE* (FROM PITAYA PULP), COCONUT WATER*, PINEAPPLE JUICE*, SOLUBLE FIBER, LEMON JUICE*, NATURAL FLAVOR, APPLE PECTIN, GRAPE EXTRACT (SKIN, FRUIT & SEEDS), VITAMIN D3 CHOLICALCIFEROL. * FROM CONCENTRATE

Contact this company Buy Pitaya Plus Online

Additional Images (7)Upload More Images

Buy Pitaya Plus Online

Comments