Brewing Operations Manager
Castle Island Brewing CoApply for this Job
Castle Island is looking for an experienced Brewing Ops Manager to be part of the team at our Norwood, MA brewery. We’re a rapidly growing brand looking to take things to the next level, and to do that we need the assistance of a skilled individual to help manage brewing operations from grain to glass. You’ll work closely with the President, Head Brewer, and Management Team to consistently deliver in areas such as process improvements, facility management, and overall beer production goals. If you’re up for being a problem solver, a cat herder, and a decision maker all rolled into one, then we would love to talk to you.
Things you’ll do on an average day:
- Work alongside Head Brewer to oversee general elements of production: scheduling, personnel, resource requirements.
- Manage vendor contracts and procurement process for raw materials.
- Manage new equipment procurement, installation, and commissioning.
- Perform HR functions within production, including hiring, firing, and dispute resolution.
- Serve as liaison with Sales Dept to ensure timely production of adequate volumes and formats.
- Identify opportunities to streamline/create efficiencies in cost-conscious manner.
- Manage internal production safety and awareness programs.
- Inventory planning, management, and loss prevention.
Things this job requires (and a few we’d really like):
- Minimum of 5 years progressive management experience, preferably in manufacturing and/or the alcoholic beverage industry.
- Bonus points for a formal brewing education or professional brewing experience.
- BA/BS in Business, Management, or Operations Research is preferred.?MBA is a plus.
- Excellent analytical, decision making and problem-solving skills.
- Proven knowledge of the craft beer and brewing industry.
- A strong understanding of process equipment and controls.
- Excellent leadership skills with the proven ability to lead and motivate a team and maintain a positive morale in the workforce.
- Extensive knowledge of industry compliance standards including, but not limited to, OSHA and safety standards, Government regulatory programs, and production management systems.
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong planning and organizational skills with emphasis on financial acumen.
- A strong work ethic and the ability to multi-task, prioritize and adapt to changing situations.
- Advanced proficiency with Microsoft Office, including Excel, Word, and Outlook.
- Frequently walk and occasionally bend over, twist, kneel, climb, stoop and crouch.? This position requires the ability to occasionally lift up to 55 pounds and maneuver 170 pounds.
- This position requires occasional proper handling of hazardous materials and operation of complex moving machinery.