Community & Outreach Manager
Bright People FoodsApply for this Job
This role is responsible for managing the customer service and supporting the sales & marketing of products under the Mike’s Mighty Good and Dr. McDougall’s Right Foods Brands. Our ideal candidate is a self-starter, a strong collaborator, has great organization and communication skills, can work independently, and is hungry to grow our trending brands and build community through them.
What You Will Do:
This position is a blend of customer service, marketing, and social media management. As the Community & Outreach Manager, you will be responsible for building a dynamic and positive community and customer service experience for customers interacting with our brands. You will also work directly with the VP, National Sales & Marketing Manager, and Social Media Manager to coordinate our marketing strategy in the social, digital, and field spaces while also supporting the team in in-person marketing events, trade shows, and demos. We are looking for candidates with a positive can-do attitude, a love of food and food marketing, a solid work ethic, and a keen appreciation for the high energy and integrity of the natural products industry. This is a great position for a person who is flexible, versatile, detail-oriented, and willing to do whatever it takes to get the job done. The ideal candidate will be driven by an entrepreneurial spirit that will evolve the Bright People Foods brands.
• Connect with and deliver above-and-beyond customer service through phone, email, and social media.
• Problem solve and troubleshoot to resolve customer issues.
Be the point-person on managing shipments, inventory, and order inquiries for our online stores
• Become an expert on the Mike’s Mighty Good and Dr. McDougall’s Right Foods brands – develop a nuanced understanding of our service to be able to answer any question and solve any problem.
• Think creatively about ways in which we can optimize each customer’s experience and brainstorm with the other members of the team.
• Master our internal backend systems in order to efficiently, effectively and consistently deliver exceptional service while meeting quality and productivity goals.
• Channel and share recurring customer inquiries, concerns and feedback to all members of the team to continuously improve areas of the business such as technology, marketing, operations, and product development.
Support social media content creation and editing in collaboration with the marketing team
Create and distribute newsletters for our brands in collaboration with the marketing team
Review, vet, and support wholesale order inquiries from customers in collaboration with the National Sales & Marketing Manager
Coordinate on-the-ground sales & marketing efforts in collaboration with the National Sales & Marketing Manager
- · Occasional travel to regional and national trade shows and consumer marketing events on weekdays and weekends
Training and finding brand ambassadors across the US under the direction of the Sales & Marketing Manager
- Building and following up with sales leads under the direction of the Sales & Marketing Manager
· Creation of trade show & sales materials in collaboration with the marketing team
· Engage in weekly 1:1s with Sales & Marketing Manager
· Coordinate and lead regional in-store demos and event demos
· Tone Setting: Embody the Bright People Foods culture and company team values
· Maintain excellent customer and Bright People Foods employee interdepartmental relationships
· Cultivate great relationships with our team and our customers
· 4 year Bachelors Degree is a plus
· Love of food and knowledge of natural/ organic food industry
· Strong PowerPoint and Microsoft Excel Skills
Comfort with Wordpress, Adobe InDesign, Adobe Photoshop, Adobe Lightroom, Adobe Audition, iMovie, and social media content creation is a plus.
Prior experience in blogging or social media content creation for personal or corporate accounts is a plus.
· Entrepreneurial spirit and strong work ethic
· Capable of managing time and meeting deadlines
· Capable of using back-office software to support customer service & marketing activities
· Excellent communications skills with external customers, peers, supervisors, and internal supporting departments
· Proven integrity in life/ employment and honesty in dealing with others
· Ability to receive and respond positively to critical feedback
· Dependable and committed to doing what it takes to get the job done
· Occasional and event-related weekend work is required
About Bright People Foods
Bright People Foods is a Northern California-based food company dedicated to sustaining the earth and sustaining you. We're proud to make delicious, wholesome, sustainable foods through our Mike's Mighty Good and Dr. McDougall's Right Foods brands. Featured by Popsugar, Women’s Health, The Washington Post, Shape Magazine, People Magazine, Dr. Oz, and more.