Supply Chain Coordinator
Dry Dock Brewing CompanyApply for this Job
Supply Chain Coordinator:
Dry Dock Brewing Company, located in Aurora, CO, is seeking a full time Supply Chain Coordinator. Dry Dock is a growing company which operates two separate breweries, a 7 BBL tasting-room location and a 40 BBL production facility. Dry Dock is a regional brewery and produced over 20,000 BBL in 2017.
This position will be responsible for all aspect of the supply chain, inventory management, production processing and warehouse. This position will also help develop and maintain SOPs related to these functions. They will be efficient, quality-focused, have a great work ethic, a positive attitude and be part of the team. This position reports to the Controller but will work closely with the Managing Brewer, Packaging Manager and Director of Sales and Marketing. The position has one direct report, Warehouse Coordinator.
Duties include but are not limited to the following:
- Ensures all raw ingredients, packaging supplies, and kegs are in the right quantity, in the right condition, at the right cost, at the right place, at the right time by utilizing the MRP function in OrchestratedBeer.
- Works with Managing Brewer and Packaging Manager to plan weekly production schedule.
- Develops forecasting tools utilizing distributor orders, sales/trend data, and Sales department projections.
- Maintains correct inventories to meet market demands while minimizing excess stock levels.
- Maintains and coordinates aged and specialty beer warehouse.
- Confirms with Managing Brewer that beer recipes are approved for timely ordering of raw materials.
- Confirms with Marketing department that all packaging and point of sale designs are approved for timely ordering.
- Defines and tracks performance metrics across supply chain.
- Develops material costs forecasts.
- Selects transportation carriers/brokers to maximize economy and control costs by combining shipments.
- Schedules all inbound freight of all raw ingredients, packaging supplies, and kegs, including dock appointments.
- Arranges all outbound freight, when necessary.
- Monitors supplier performance to assess ability to meet quality and delivery requirements.
- Negotiates best pricing with suppliers.
- Participates in or delegates monthly inventory counts of all raw materials and finished goods for EOM inventory as required, and reconciles any variances in COGS within our accounting system.
- Ensures accurate and complete recording within our accounting software of received raw materials and routes to appropriate departments in a timely manner.
- Enters and processes all production orders within accounting software in a timely matter.
- Maintains the proper purchasing flows within accounting software for all purchasing activity PO to Goods Receipt to Invoice.
- Manages Warehouse Coordinator and responsible for the layout and organization of the North Dock warehouse.
- Main point of contact at our North Facility for all accounting software issues / inputs / upgrades.
- Other duties as assigned.
Preferred education, requirements and experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree in logistics, business or related field.
- Minimum of experience of 2 years in a similar capacity.
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Excel and Word.
- Strong computer skills required.
- OrchestratedBeer / SAP knowledge and experience a plus.
- Strong organizational administrative skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, including professional email etiquette.
- Is generally happy and can have fun, even on high stress and demanding days.
- Has a passion and enthusiasm for quality craft beer.
- Can work in a team environment as a leader and problem solver.
- Is capable of drawing on past experience to provide valuable input in a rapidly growing brewery.
- Ability to work at a fast pace, in high pressure situations, while maintaining professionalism and composure.
- Flexible in schedule and adaptive to change.
- Need to be self-motivated.
- Ability to multitask and manage time while being detail oriented.
- Reliable transportation.
Salary and Benefits:
Dry Dock offers a competitive salary, health care, dental, vision, short-term and long-term disability, 401k, life insurance and paid vacation.
Dry Dock Brewing Co. is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, gender, religion, age, disability, political beliefs, sexual orientation, or marital/familial status.
Please send resume and salary requirements to email@example.com with title “Supply Chain Coordinator” in subject line. We are looking to fill this position as soon as possible. The position will close on December 22, 2017.