Deliveryman at Boutique Craft Beer Distributor
Craft CollectiveApply for this Job
ABOUT CRAFT COLLECTIVE:
Craft Collective is an independent craft beer distribution company focused on quality, small, craft producers. We maintain ample refrigeration, a fully climate-controlled warehouse, and refrigerated delivery vehicles. Our people represent our brands with enthusiasm and diligently care for our products. We're honest, accommodating, and committed to helping small craft producers succeed. We primarily work with New England and New York breweries like Fiddlehead, SingleCut, Oxbow, Aeronaut, Finback, Idle Hands, Kent Falls, and more. You can view our portfolio at www.getcraft.co.
EMPLOYMENT AT CRAFT COLLECTIVE:
Craft Collective is a well-capitalized startup company. We offer competitive pay, employee stock ownership, terrific benefits, and a craft-beer enthusiast culture. We are dedicated and passionate about this industry. We work hard and will expect the same from you. This position offers the opportunity to become part of a great team of individuals driven to deliver the best quality craft beverages to the finest establishments in Massachusetts and Rhode Island.
This is a first shift position with a 6:00AM start time. Days of operation are Monday through Friday with an occasional Saturday/Holiday required. You will be responsible for assisting in picking and loading product into a truck from our warehouse in Stoughton, MA. You will then drive a 16-26ft box truck to make deliveries to stores and restaurants throughout Massachusetts area. After making all assigned deliveries, you will return the truck to the warehouse, unload, and perform check-out procedures, thus ending your day. Typically, you will finish between between 5:00-6:00PM. On a typical week, you can expect to work approximately 50 hours. Longer days will be required as needed.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Load truck with product and equipment.
- Organize truck for efficient delivery and safe transport.
- Drive truck and deliver product to customers.
- Stock coolers in an orderly manner.
- Pick up returns of bottles, empty kegs and product.
- Interact professionally with customers.
- Adhere to all professional appearance requirements (clothing, footwear, etc.).
- Check vehicle for safety/maintenance issues prior to leaving the warehouse and throughout the day.
- Unload any returns and ensure the proper information on each return is communicated to warehouse staff
- Perform daily check-out procedures.
- From time to time, return empties to suppliers and pick up product.
- Additional duties as assigned.
- Current valid driver's license and a clean driving record.
- Prior professional delivery driving experience.
- Ability to work independently with a strong sense of urgency.
- Strong communication skills and prior experience working with the public.
- Ability to perform physically demanding work. This includes frequent lifting and handling of cases of up to 50 lbs and kegs of up to 165 pounds.
- Ability to frequently push, pull, and handle fully loaded wheelers.
- Must possess a High School degree.
- Must be able to pass pre-employment drug screen and continued random drug screens.
- Must be able to maintain D.O.T medical certificate.
- Must possess a mobile phone with data plan.
- Satisfactory driving record
- Must have a car or live or otherwise be able to reliably transport yourself to the Stoughton warehouse location.
- Passion for Craft Beer is preferred.
- Job duties are performed inside and outside retail buildings, including in basements with low ceiling heights and tight hallways.
- Exposure to outside/winter weather, walk-in cooler temperatures, and riding in delivery trucks. Exposure to diesel fumes, vibrations and noise levels of trucks.
- $15/hour + overtime after 40 hours
- Employee stock options
- 401k with 4% company match
- Group health, dental & vision insurance (75% company paid for employee, 50% for dependents)
- 529 College Savings plan
- Cell phone data plan and insurance stipend
- Access to awesome beer!