Northern New England Sales Manager ---- Long Island Sales Manager ----Southern CT Sales Rep
Stony Creek BreweryApply for this Job
Stony Creek is looking for experienced and skilled managers in multiple markets...
- Boston based sales person to manage our Northern New England footprint of MA/NH/VT/ME.
- Long Island based sales person to manage our Long island footprint...
- Southern CT based sales rep to perform street level sales
The ideal candidate for a manager role has a minimum of 3 years’ experience selling craft beer on either wholesaler or supplier side. This person must live in the applicable market, be familiar with the craft beer scene, have excellent time management, excel, VIP analytics, wholesaler management, and relationship building skills.
Responsible for managing sales reps, and wholesalers while representing and growing sales for Stony Creek Brewery in on & off premise accounts in designated sales territory.
Overall Responsibilities including but not limited to:
- Manage and Execute Stony Creek Sales Strategy to establish market focus and complete sales goals while aggressively pursuing new on and off-premise distribution in assigned territory
- Build strong relationships with the buyers at top on-premise and off-premise accounts as well as all key personnel
- Build strong working relationships with key personnel at all distributors in assigned territory
- Effective wholesaler management with results of reaching Stony Creek sales goals and brand objectives.
- Schedule periodic “ride withs” with distributors
- Schedule and attend promotional events, such as samplings, pint nights, beer dinners, regional beer fests, etc. in assigned territory
- Manage and execute all administrative responsibilities in a timely manner (i.e. submission of distributor reports, weekly reporting as required by the Brewery, etc.)
- Must reside in given territory
- Must be a motivated, charismatic with a self-starting personality
- Ability and willingness to work independently while also managing a sales team and wholesaler network
- 3-4 Years of sales experience with a brewery/supplier, wholesaler/distributor.
- Working knowledge of the craft beer industry and wholesaler operations
- Excellent time management skills; ability to be proactive and take initiative
- A high level of organization, planning and multi-tasking skills.
- Strong oral communication skills: ability to talk to others to convey information effectively; strong written communication skills
- Strong persuasion skills: Ability to influence decision makers and persuade others to change their minds or behavior through skill and knowledge of all our beers and the craft beer community
- Social Perceptiveness - Aware of others' reactions and understanding why they react as they do
- The ability to relate and communicate to a vast array of people.
- The ability to manage business expense budgets taking into consideration cost-effectiveness.
- The ability to have flexible hours, including a significant amount of night and weekend work. Overnight travel will be required.
- Proficiency in computer skills, Email, Excel, VIP, Word, PowerPoint etc.
(strong strategy building and analytical skills required)
- The ability to sit, stand and walk for extended periods of time.
- Valid Driver License with a good driving record, a reliable, registered and insured vehicle, and ability to drive to and from accounts continuously
- Must be available to work nights and weekends and work more than 40 hours per week, and lift and or move up to 50 pounds
- Cicerone or other Beer certification strongly preferred
- Have a great passion for craft beer