Area Sales Manager - NYC
Dang FoodsApply for this Job
Dang Coconut Chips defy convention and categorization, and we look for people with those same qualities. Dang is a rapidly growing natural snack brand focused on bringing you unconventional culinary delights from around the globe. We named Dang after our founder's mother, who grew up in Thailand. In 2013, we became the #1 selling coconut chip in both natural and conventional supermarkets including Whole Foods, Safeway, Sprouts, Target, Kroger, Ahold and H-E-B. Currently we are sold in over 10,000 stores nationwide.
We are seeking a high-performing Area Sales Manager based in the New York City area who brings significant ambition and a desire to join a winning team.
The ideal candidate will visit key accounts in their assigned territory and work with local retail, broker, and distributor partners to achieve sales objectives. The candidate will use their relationships at store level to sell-in displays of Dang products. They will coordinate closely with the sales and marketing team to build displays around specific geo-targeted events. The position requires a self-motivated, organized, communicative, and energetic individual who lives and breathes the brand they represent.
• Achieve sales goals and performance metrics
• Develop and maintain an organized list of key accounts in the territory
• Sell our brand to retailers in coordination with local distributors and brokers
• Call on key accounts on an ongoing basis to implement sales team priorities
• Enhance the business by gaining new points of distribution
• Educate account managers and distributors on proper and effective merchandising:
o Look of success
o Proper shelf management positions
o Rack, equipment, and POS placements
Required experience and skills:
• 3+ years in area sales with fast-growth snack or beverage company
• Pre-existing relationships with store-level buyers
• Strong customer service, interpersonal and communication skills (both written and oral)
• Creative presentation/public speaking and premium selling skills are a must
• Innovative and creative in approaching accounts and expanding business
• Ability to formulate account strategies and execute against them
• Ability to work independently as well as part of a team
• Professional demeanor in working with coworkers, distributors, retail reps and consumers
• Must have valid driver's license and own vehicle to travel and transport promotional merchandise between accounts within assigned territory
• Must be able to use MS Office Suite (Excel, Word, PowerPoint), Gmail, Google Docs.
Dang Core Values:
• Inspiration: To strive for true innovation
• Mutuality: To foster mutually beneficial relationships
• Borderless: No bounds to our snacks and mindsets
• Work Smart: To plan and execute mindfully
• Honesty and Integrity: Do the right thing