Director of Finance & Controller
Skinny Dipped AlmondsApply for this Job
Based in Seattle WA, Wild Things Snacks (dba Skinny Dipped Almonds) was co-founded by a mother-daughter pair with the support of a few other close friends, who bonded over a love for quality food and good relationships. Skinny Dipped is revolutionizing the healthy-indulgent snacking category by helping consumers “find a life more delicious.” Our flavored almonds have won praise from nutritionists and retailers alike for their high-flavor, high protein, and low-fat combination. With backing from CAVU Venture Partners, we have built a team that has the brand poised to grow over 400% in 2018. Our products are sold nationwide at retailers including Target, Safeway, Stop-N-Shop, Giant, Wegmans, Whole Foods, Fairway, CIBO Express, QFC, Amazon and many more.
Position Scope: The Director of Finance & Controller will work closely with the executive team in driving the financial support function of the business. This opportunity has room to growth within the organization through strong execution and development of the corporation financial infrastructure.
Accounting and Corporate Administration
- Working with our financial accounting support team, drive the daily, weekly and month processes, including, monthly financial reporting process, ensure consistent execution of accounts payable and accounts receivable processes.
- Support the annual review and / or audit process, with the first US GAAP review starting for the current fiscal year.
- Develop regular reporting cycles, including weekly cash flow reporting, sales and receivables reporting and other critical reporting to support the business processes.
- Drive treasury management, legal and insurance processes, including cash management, insurance management, legal requirement driven the capital raise processes and other corporate legal requirements.
- Follow up with staff and outside professionals on compliance with local, state, and federal government reporting requirements and tax filings.
- Drive continuous cost improvement and control processes, drive cost saving throughout the business.
- Maintaining a documented system of accounting policies and procedures.
- Own the administrative and transactional processes with our PEO partner, including responsibility to management payments to all employees and contractors
Finance and Decision Making
- Analysis of cash flow- daily management of cash; short term cash flow outlook; long-term cash flow outlook utilizing factories' production schedules and customer contract obligations.
- Support CFO in regular Adhoc decision making analysis
- Support regular update of demanding planning and sales forecasting process
- Support CFO in the creation and distribution of monthly / quarterly board reporting
- Proactively looking to improve processes and systems to support hyper growth
- Comfortable adding to the conversations and comfortable share perspective to solve critical business problems in and outside of the accounting and finance function
- Not afraid to work hard and deliver during this critical period when a brand is building established
- Strong desire to build and not afraid to work in an environment that is continually changing
- Passionate about baking
YOUR Preferred Qualifications
- BA/BS Degree in Accounting and / or Finance
- MBA or professional certification (CPA/CFA) preferred
- A minimum of 6 years of experience in accounting & finance management role, demonstrating continuous professional growth
- Previous experience in a consumer products and/or retail company is required. Food and Beverage background preferred but not required.
- Previous experience with and knowledge of the Quickbooks Accounting Systems. Excellent communication and presentation skills.
- Previous early stage, investor back brand highly preferred.
- Excellent leadership, managerial, organizational, interpersonal and computer skills. Proficient in MS Excel and MS Word.